September 7 in Britney's life: VMA's, Michael Jackson and Ellen

12.jpg

On September 7, 2000, Britney Spears performed a medley of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Oops!... I Did It Again at the MTV Video Music Awards of that year. The performance was seen as controversial back in the day, because of the skin-colored outfit she wore. Other performers were Eminem, NSYNC, Christina Aguilera, Blink 182, Janet Jackson, among others.

16.jpg

4.jpg

Britney was nominated for the following categories:

• Best Female Video (for Oops!... I Did It Again) - lost to Aaliyah's Try Again
  • Best Pop Video (Oops!... I Did It Again) - lost to NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye
  • Best Dance Video ((You Drive Me) Crazy) - lost to Jennifer Lopez's Waiting for Tonight
  • Viewer's Choice (Oops!... I Did It Again) - lost to NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye

XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28529.jpg

XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28229.jpg

029.jpg

The following year, on September 7, 2001, Britney performed with Michael Jackson in a special show. The Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration was staged in Madison Square Garden in New York City on September 7 and 10, 2001. In late November 2001, the CBS television network aired the concerts as a two-hour special in honor of Jackson's thirtieth year as a solo entertainer. The show was edited from footage of the two performances.

Britney participated on the September 7 concert, along with other stars like Usher, Mýa, Whitney Houston, Marc Anthony, Liza Minnelli, Elizabeth Taylor, NSYNC, Destiny's Child among others. She and Michael performed his hit The Way You Make Me Feel.

September-2001-Britney-Spears-took-mic-M

CICFFmPW8AAArSy_large.jpg

182809.jpg

2008MTVvmas.jpg

On September 7, 2008 the MTV Video Music Awards took place at the Paramount Pictures Studio in L.A.

The show served as a comeback for Britney Spears after her performance the previous year, which received mostly negative reviews, and after a year of "personal struggles". This were also her first VMA's after she was placed under the conservatorship. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Britney won three moonmen for her Piece of Me video, for the categories of Video of the Year, Best Female Video and Best Pop Video. This was the first time since her debut that she ever won a moonman.

image.

Britney+Spears+Kobe+Bryant+2008+MTV+Vide

Taylor-Swift-buddied-up-Britney-Spears-a

She also recorded a skit with Jonah Hill

tumblr_m8713sUyYu1r3ty02o1_400.gif

WeTV.gif

6oZn.gif

On September 7, 2016, Britney Spears appeared on The Ellen Show

:forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Also on September 7, but in 2021, Britney's father in an attempt to save his ***, filed for the first time to end the conservatorship. Britney's first post after the move was this

• Love 2

I remember I watched like 335487 times clips from VMA 2008. I saw her as a phoenix.

And the winner is ... and the winner is ... and the winner is ... BRITNEY SPEARS PIECE OF ME ! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised: It was surreal and I really didn't know how POM won Video of the Year, I found it cool but the best MV ? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: That was before I understood everything was planned for her "comeback" and I started to realize how the music industry was so fake ...:awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block