Elton John: there's five or six different versions of "Hold Me Closer," this is the version Britney chose

Slayer

On 9/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, MikeHunt said:

I love that he praises her artistry and talent but he makes her seem so weak and all he is doing is charity work to make her feel confident, because he is the one person that can inspire her. And he admits it’s her ear that picked the one version that chose the global hit. 
I respect and like Elton, but the more Britney/family drama there is, the more he lays it on that he’s doing charity work for her and is just tryin to get her to be a confident woman.

Britney is very openly talking about her struggles from the conservatorship. While Elton cannot talk about conservatorship, he can talk about his struggles as an alcoholic in the public eye, and an openly gay man long before it was socially accepted as it today. There is a comradery to their fame, and Britney has said that she wanted support from those at her level.

Elton has praised her as a person and artist, while recognising their similarities. He has nothing but love for her. If he's uplifting her by praising her talents, what's the harm?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jokobish said:

I feel the sameeee way

2 hours ago, ToxicMadLove said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m streaming. However, I always hated Tiny Dancer and wish she would have been on a different song. Literally any of his others besides tiny dancer. The lyrics are cringe. sorry taylor swift GIF

Perspective differences is all. I don’t think this seems like charity work at all. I think his mindset aligns with Stan’s more than you realize. He knows her potential. He knows she’s been through hell 10 times over. He knows she more shy and reserved than ever. He is helping her break down some of her fears and insecurities and is reinvigorating her. I’m all for it. I do get what you’re saying, but I don’t see it that way at all. And non stans DEFINITELY aren’t analyzing things like we are. So there’s nothing to worry about. This is all good. 

He doesn't sound like charity work... Sounds like love and friendship. 

Everyone feels for her; he was learning about the con too, but he was in a position to do something and he did.

Win win for both with success. I didn't know much of him (Diana tribute was nice) but he seems a nice kind person. He had an interview with an indigenous singer  from other lands where he said he learnt s lot from music from other cultures 

Looks to me like he is just positive and kind towards other artists

On 9/6/2022 at 3:58 AM, PaMisMuchachas said:

I was interested to see if Elton ever spoke of her before, so I googled and this what i found:

He fell in my eyes. Very opportunistic of him to work with her now. 

Cut him some slack he used to be team JT he’s just finally on the right side now haha 

• Love 1
On 9/6/2022 at 6:41 AM, MikeHunt said:

I love that he praises her artistry and talent but he makes her seem so weak and all he is doing is charity work to make her feel confident, because he is the one person that can inspire her. And he admits it’s her ear that picked the one version that chose the global hit. 
I respect and like Elton, but the more Britney/family drama there is, the more he lays it on that he’s doing charity work for her and is just tryin to get her to be a confident woman.

I know what you mean, and I thought the same thing for a second, and it's good that we're paying attention to words and discourse because that's how we interpret and shape reality, but I honestly think that Elton is being nice and has done something commendable. Sometimes, we do need help. I think Britney needs it, at least right now. She could do it all by herself, yes, but that would be a different journey, more lonely and less rich. Also, we all need to be loved and appreciated, but for that to happen we also have to accept that love and help.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block