Elton John: there's five or six different versions of "Hold Me Closer," this is the version Britney chose

Slayer

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I love that he praises her artistry and talent but he makes her seem so weak and all he is doing is charity work to make her feel confident, because he is the one person that can inspire her. And he admits it’s her ear that picked the one version that chose the global hit. 
I respect and like Elton, but the more Britney/family drama there is, the more he lays it on that he’s doing charity work for her and is just tryin to get her to be a confident woman.

Well…doesn’t she kinda need that right now? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Sure but I feel like he doesn’t need to explicitly say so. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Personally I feel like he doesn't need to beat around the bush. Britney has expressed her emotional perspective several times. It's clear that re-entering the music world will be nerve-wracking for her and that she needs to nurture her confidence. Anyone else would feel the same if they were under a conservatorship for 13 years and 6 years since their last music project. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PaMisMuchachas said:

He hates Janet and Madonna, he always dragged them, I don't see why would he like Britney tbh. 

Because, early in her career, she was considered a singer. He mentions the documentary which shows her early years as a singer, in which her vocal range is solid. I love Janet but she has a very soft voice. And Elton’s beef with Madonna is just personal. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I love that he praises her artistry and talent but he makes her seem so weak and all he is doing is charity work to make her feel confident, because he is the one person that can inspire her. And he admits it’s her ear that picked the one version that chose the global hit. 
I respect and like Elton, but the more Britney/family drama there is, the more he lays it on that he’s doing charity work for her and is just tryin to get her to be a confident woman.

I feel the sameeee way

16 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Sure but I feel like he doesn’t need to explicitly say so. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I feel like he does. Britney was left at a point where she felt worthless. We need people like Elton to metaphorically grab her by the shoulders and shake her awake! She is a legend, and she needs to be reminded of that.

Besides, Elton is in his what? 60's? 70's? We all know that generation can be a bit more bl**t than they'd like. So yeah, maybe it's coming off a bit as "we have to protect poor Britney, she's fragile and needs a confidence boost", but it's literally that? I mean, in the past three months she's: suffered a miscarriage, almost got attacked at her wedding, was dragged by her CHILDREN on international television. It's a miracle she's not in her bed stuffing herself with Hagen Daaz, I know I would be.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I don't know why I know some of those version will come to light in order to make the song Number #1. 

I don't know how people here said that he's doing charity, I think he's not, he's helping a friend, that's different. He recognize he's been in a low stage during her addiction problems and just as he recover from that he's willing to help others artist to find her way again. I think he's helping britney into the music again, and he wanted that she feel confortable with what she's doing right now he speaks a lot of him.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ToxicMadLove said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m streaming. However, I always hated Tiny Dancer and wish she would have been on a different song. Literally any of his others besides tiny dancer. The lyrics are cringe. sorry taylor swift GIF

A chunk of the Lyrics of Hold me closer is from the One.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block