Why do all pop singers lip sync and only Britney is famous for it?

I really never understood the hype for live singing in a pop concert, been to several most people are drunk and do not even care if you are singing or not it's all about the stage imo. 

While we are at it, the another amazing thing is only females are dragged for this not males. 🤥

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Mmm Yeahhh Ehh YeahHH said:

Dua is singing over the playback of her own vocals, when the mic falls into the crowd that’s her vocals still playing but I get your point. What’s annoying is when Britney sang to track, she was still savaged but she would dance a lot harder, Britney’s sang to track many times, why say never? You a Dua fan? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

No i'm not a fan at all of dua basic:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: from that video It Just seems like it's not her vocals playing but backup singers but i can be wrong. You don't need to show me performances where Britney uses her live voice, i know she did It some very few times. The main issue are the live concerts and you know it, She barely sang during them and nobody really does that to that extent making It also so obvious.

9 hours ago, ItsBeanie****** said:

Britney should've owned it. Her best answer was when she said sometimes it's impossible to sing live due to the dance routines. Her worst answer was "I always sing live." An out and out lie albeit Larry and Vegas probably told her to say it. Like others say MJ lipped too but during his prime when his dancing was still IT. Onyx had amazing performances plus minimal live vocals. Circus onwards kept the minimal to no live vocals but lost the great dancing. Lip syncing to Perfume and Alien and Lucky at POM was unforgiveable imo but then she was a prisoner so why would she make an effort? I wouldn't

She did own it back when this topic was relevant. You using quotes from piece of me is disgraceful since it's clearly not why she got flack for it

I think because other singers disguise their mining with pre- recorded vocals to make them sound like like live vocals, whereas Britney has mostly used the CD vocals.

i actually think it would be more embarrassing is the tape skipped with pre- recorded vocals. I think on Britneys case if something went wrong with the CD vocals it wouldn’t really matter because everyone already knows she’s mining.

• Like 1

This will be a contradictive comment since there’s no doubt in my mind she can sing - and sing good, and I think there’s probably a multitude of reasons for the lypsyncing. She said herself it felt illegal having a mic in her hand.

If we could hear Britney’s live voice on top of the backing track, it wouldn’t be a thing. Unfortunately 99% of her performances, it’s like somebody just pressed play on the CD. I will say it.

I remember getting excited just being able to hear her breathe between tracks, and even now I consider whether that was cleverly inserted to make it seem like her mic was on.  

That’s true star power though, she was the biggest popstar in the world, and is still one of the most famous people in the world because of it.

• Like 1

Because all singers do it occasionally but it's not the go-to style for them.

Britney was doing it all the time and not just in award shows, she was doing whole tours without singing one word live, not even above the track.

Jlo is really clever because she goes to a lot of lengths to make it seem she is singing but I just don't believe it :shaktongue_shakira_red: I think she just has a very live sounding backup track.

• Love 2

I think people shouldn't care about pop stars doing some lip syncing if they are dancing. A bit of lip syncing from Madonna or Janet? No problem. They also sing live. 

With Britney, I'm not aware of her doing almost any live singing since 'Blackout' started. Very rarely like the covers of 'You Oughta Know' and 'Let's Give Them Something to Talk About.' As a Britney fan, that disappoints me. I want to hear her sing songs that she isn't going to dance to like 'Alien.' It's very weird to me that she would just sit there lip syncing 'Alien.' If you're not going to sing it, give us something more theatrical. 

Oddly, Paula Abdul exclusively lip syncs, and I'm glad. She was never a good singer like Britney, and her dancing is still spectacular. It's totally worth the price of a ticket to see Paula dance. 

• Like 1
On 9/6/2022 at 4:59 AM, Mmm Yeahhh Ehh YeahHH said:

Which tour was that? Because even the Circus tour had some live vocal performances, please elaborate? Rarely is different to never so I’d like you to provide proof :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

The only live moment  on Circus Tour was You Ought Know and that was only on few dates. THe misterious duffy song on the first date was also (apparently) live, but that only happened once.

Femme Fatale tour was all playback. It was all pre-recorded vocals. Don't be delusional to think she was really singing...

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LaLisaManoban said:

The only live moment  on Circus Tour was You Ought Know and that was only on few dates. THe misterious duffy song on the first date was also (apparently) live, but that only happened once.

Femme Fatale tour was all playback. It was all pre-recorded vocals. Don't be delusional to think she was really singing...

But Femme Fatale tours pre recorded playback was just using Beyoncé’s blueprint which everyone seems to be perfectly fine with Bey lipping to live sounding vocals. You said Britney had tours where she didn’t sing a not live, even FF tour had He about to loose me and Don’t let me be the last to know live vocals, I’m not delusional but you’re a drama Queen :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

1 minute ago, Mmm Yeahhh Ehh YeahHH said:

But Femme Fatale tours pre recorded playback was just using Beyoncé’s blueprint which everyone seems to be perfectly fine with Bey lipping to live sounding vocals. You said Britney had tours where she didn’t sing a not live, even FF tour had He about to loose me and Don’t let me be the last to know live vocals, I’m not delusional but you’re a drama Queen :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

Not you thinking HATLM and DLMBTLTK were live:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

Maybe on a rare occasion DLMBTLTK was performed live, but mostly It was playback/pre-recorded vocals.

Also, entire Vegas residency was all playback, with the exception of STTA and a HB on POM tour. So no, Idk what you're trying to prove

• Like 2

Early on in her career when she sang live the haters would say "she can't sing like the other singers", she lipped and they would say "why doesn't she sing live" She couldn't win and decided to go with it and just dance and put on a great show, which none of the other singers could. She was being real and just cut the cr*p and that's why she's remembered asTHE legendary lip syncer now.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block