Hold Me Closer debuted at #65 on French Singles Charts (Not #18)

In France, Britney is appreciated for parties, but people around me still consider her as an old singer who spins half naked online :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:
Sorry, that's not what I think at all of course. However, it's honestly what I heard from my friends (and don't tell me to change my friends :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:). I tried to explain them why they should love and understand Godney but I gave up.

47 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

It’s homophobia, France is one of the most HOMOPHOBIC countries in Europe.

:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

no :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I'm French & from Eastern European descent

france is one of the most gay friendly countries in the world :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

op are you sure about it? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

it's gonna probably climb since it rose up from 50 places in Spotify :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

43 minutes ago, AlexiSandM said:

In France, Britney is appreciated for parties, but people around me still consider her as an old singer who spins half naked online :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:
Sorry, that's not what I think at all of course. However, it's honestly what I heard from my friends (and don't tell me to change my friends :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:). I tried to explain them why they should love and understand Godney but I gave up.

pop in general has just completely collapsed in france. 

check main pop girls charts in france these past few years, they're really bad. 

- beyoncé's last top ten was drunk in love (peaked at 9) :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: half of her singles since then didn't chart here. 

- Ariana didn't manage to have any single breaking the top 20 here in her two last era :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: and usually they collapse not reaching the top 100 year-end chart :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

- Gaga didn't reach the top 10 with rain on me and didn't enter the charts since then (although she sold out France's biggest stadium)

- Taylor's ME era had no top 60 hit (but she always flopped hard in France, even look what you made me do didn't reach the top 10). 

- Dua Lipa: #24 for break my heart, #56 for Levitating :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: only exception is ofc her duet with a French artist that topped the charts.

am 21 & around me she's the "girl with a spectacular story" or the "destroyed pop princess" due to seb's video that rose a lot, a lot of momentum about her in france. for her music, she actually only flopped with glory, bc each other eras had at least one big hit. 

in a nutshell: French market completely changed and became very hard to penetrate, especially for pop girls. also, very very strong localism (French artists and musicians). 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, AlexiSandM said:

I guess that you did not travel a lot in Europe...

14 minutes ago, do the thing said:

no :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

I'm French & from Eastern European descent

france is one of the most gay friendly countries in the world :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

op are you sure about it? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

it's gonna probably climb since it rose up from 50 places in Spotify :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

lol i was joking but i wouldn’t say it’s one of the most in the WORLD… I have reason to believe France is behind much of Western Europe on LGBT acceptance. Eastern Europe isn’t worth comparing.

4 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

lol i was joking but i wouldn’t say it’s one of the most in the WORLD… I have reason to believe France is behind much of Western Europe on LGBT acceptance. Eastern Europe isn’t worth comparing.

well besides Western Europe, Canada, AUS/NZ, there's no LGBT-friendly places in the world, so although France is one of the most "homophobic" countries in Western Europe, it would still make it to a world-scape of of the least homophobic ones, probably in the top 20 :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: out of 200+ countries :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: yes we live in a very homophobic world :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

but tell me moar about it bc I have a hard time understanding how france is homophobic although surveys state that 80 to 90% of the population is acceptant and far-right to ultra-right politicians don't want to cancel gay marriage and stuff like that 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block