Who was more iconic? Jessica Simpson or Mandy Moore

As a Mandy fan, I would say her music career wasn't really 'iconic' in a cultural sense, as much as it was occasionally 'iconic' in the way gay people refer to things they like. Jessica's music career was bigger. 'With You' was a great pop song and a big hit. 

Mandy's most culturally significant moments came from her acting career, though most or all of them involved singing: A Walk To Remember, Tangled, This is Us.... Mandy turned a start in teen bubblegum pop into a formidable career in the long run. It's very impressive. 

• Love 4

I love them both. But Jessica definitely had more of an icon status there for couple years. She was a pretty huge celeb during the Newlyweds/In This Skin/Dukes of Hazard/Acting career stage and then her beauty line of course took off. Mandy was never quite that big, but she always did decently well and obviously went on to have a great acting career. Plus she's still releasing music even if it's not commercially successful, hopefully Jessica will release more music one day. But there both doing well if their own ways!

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
Just now, IsraeliMatt said:

As a Mandy fan, I would say her music career wasn't really 'iconic' in a cultural sense, as much as it was occasionally 'iconic' in the way gay people refer to things they like. Jessica's music career was bigger. 'With You' was a great pop song and a big hit. 

Mandy's most culturally significant moments came from her acting career, though most or all of them involved singing: A Walk To Remember, Tangled, This is Us.... Mandy turned a start in teen bubblegum pop into a formidable career in the long run. It's very impressive. 

Both are amazing! 

• Super Mods

When you ask about who's more iconic:

do you mean who has the more iconic singing career or acting?

I love both of them and they are both iconic in their own ways but if I had to pick, it'd be:

Jessica Simpson!

4ecc1247eab8ea4a3400002c?width=600&forma

She may have not had a long singing career as Britney and even Christina but

she managed to become BIG in the mid 2000s to the point where she had 1# album, appeared on Rolling Stone Magazine and performed at the VMAs.

Not even Mandy has ever done that in her singing career.

Plus Newlyweds was ICONIC!

Its too bad that her and Nick divorced,

they were SO cute together!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Plus Newlyweds was ICONIC!

Its too bad that her and Nick divorced,

they were SO cute together!

When I look back on them, I feel like it's good they separated. That seems to me like a relationship to have for a few years, not a good pairing for long-term. Newlyweds was iconic though! You're right. I believe that played a big rule in the development of reality TV. That's not necessarily a good thing :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: But it certainly impacted the culture! 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Mandy had a cultural impact here in the Philippines and some parts of Asia. She was very big here during the A Walk to Remember era, Her songs were the number one song of the year (Cry and Only Hope) and her musical career took off here. I Wanna be With You, Cry, Only Hope, Candy, Its Gonna be Love were some of her memorable songs in the country. Jessica's songs were not really big hits in Asia but I know she was big in North America and I am also aware of her presence and impact especially with the Newlyweds show. I love them both and hearing their songs makes me feel nostalgic. It's nice to know that they found their success on their respective fields. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block