Who is the most egotistical musician?

12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

First let me just preface that I love Nicki. I really do. I’ve streamed and purchased all versions of SFG, but I am getting turned off at her ego. She is so obsessed with herself it’s kinda embarrassing. Posting about how the *crowd goes wild* at the video being #1 on YouTube. I get it. You’re hot ****, but have some humility for God’s sake. Like I can’t think of anyone else that is that self-absorbed. @Freaky Tiny Style AK Onika get yo act together :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

Do you agree? Disagree? Who do you think is the most egotistical musician? 

spacer.png

Mariah Carey and Prince definitely 

4 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

The way this mess of a thread back fired on you. I disagree just for obvious reasons. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

It didn’t back fire at all though. People are having a civil discussion. Nicki has a huge ego especially this era and it’s getting embarrassing. I don’t need to see 50 screenshots a day about how her VMA performance where she was trying so hard to look like a white girl video is trending #5 on YouTube with 3 million views like have some respect. This whole era is getting messy AF as you’ve said millions of times already so idk where all of a sudden you’re backtracking :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

49 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It didn’t back fire at all though. People are having a civil discussion. Nicki has a huge ego especially this era and it’s getting embarrassing. I don’t need to see 50 screenshots a day about how her VMA performance where she was trying so hard to look like a white girl video is trending #5 on YouTube with 3 million views like have some respect. This whole era is getting messy AF as you’ve said millions of times already so idk where all of a sudden you’re backtracking :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

It backfired on you and you know it damn well since not one single member mentioned Nicki’s name but you. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:
Nicki has multiple people and record labels trying to tarnish her name since the arrival of Megan, Doja and Cardi saying her numbers are lower than theirs. Nicki bragging about her success is the most logical thing to do when she does not have a single person defending and congratulating her. To me she does not have a huge ego, she is just a black female rapper who does not fit or obey to the Hollyweird’s norm. 

I stated multiple times that this particular rollout is messy because she didn’t do mainstream music in ages and does not know how to properly manage a success like Super Freaky Girl. Literally the song has been very successful despite Nicki playing all her cards wrong. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:
Her VMAs performance is hella amazing so what’s the problem of sharing it to the stories? :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I’m sorry but what is your problem and why do you feel the need to underline the fact that people are being civilized here and I am not?! I am defending Nicki Minaj just like other fandoms defend their faves. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When Dua Lipa acknowledges her songs success she does it with grace and says how lucky she is to do what she does. 

Wow. She does it with grace? I stopped reading after this because that’s pure BS. Instagram doesn’t work like that. Instagram is a business platform so artists are free to post whatever they want RELATED to their brand or how successful is their brand. Also, Nicki has 15 years in the game and has the biggest rap song in the country right now. Let’s see where Dua Lipa is heading. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Dua Lipa is a lucky pop star at the right time, of course she would feel lucky. Alexandra Stan could’ve been Dua Lipa in 2011 but things didn’t happen for her. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I’m sorry, English is not my native language so I had to look up for the meaning of egotistical: 

“excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centred.” 

Why would you think Nicki is egotistical when a couple of days ago, during one of the most talked about nights of the year and during HER moment, she chose to thank every artist who she collaborated with? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

By your logic she is egotistical because she was happy to share she has two top trending moments in America? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:
Of course she is braggadocios, that’s the whole point of a rapper especially a female rapper. I would brag about saving female rap and still dominating IT. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When Dua Lipa acknowledges her songs success she does it with grace and says how lucky she is to do what she does. Meanwhile Nicki posts like 20 stories a day about little milestones she thinks she’s hitting. Having your VMA performance trend at #5 is not something to be gawking at 

Exactly! Dua is anything but egotistical! She is a Goddess! :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Those dare to say Taylor Swift is... here are some facts;

- She often pays off debts of her Swifties. She has done this more than once and just recently did again. This is exactly the opposite of being egotistical as she acknowledges the pain and reality of having debts. Someone that only cares about herselr wouldn't even consider this lol.

- she keeps on giving for her fans. I think she's one of the very few artists that just keeps on working, keeps on going in and out the studio to constantly feed her fans. Not unlike other artists that are like "here's an album now leave me alone". 

- she literally invites fans into her house for listening parties. Somebody that's egotistical wouldn't even let a fan get near them lmao. They would feel above that. They would see them as lesser people.

So you b.tches saying Taylor need to take several seats. She has DONE EVERYTHING for her fans. More than most artists ever will.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

Wow. She does it with grace? I stopped reading after this because that’s pure BS. Instagram doesn’t work like that. Instagram is a business platform so artists are free to post whatever they want RELATED to their brand or how successful is their brand. Also, Nicki has 15 years in the game and has the biggest rap song in the country right now. Let’s see where Dua Lipa is heading. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Dua Lipa is a lucky pop star at the right time, of course she would feel lucky. Alexandra Stan could’ve been Dua Lipa in 2011 but things didn’t happen for her. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

Not you talking **** about Dua now when she has the top two most streamed albums for a female artist and is coming up on 8 years in the game. Alexandra who? She had one hit and is nowhere near where Dua was when she came on the scene. Nicki has the biggest rap song for two weeks and Dua had the biggest song of 2021. Idk why you acting all rabid and **** when it was MY SALES AND STREAMS that contributed to her success in the US and not your sales and streams abroad. Not you thinking you’re scalping me right now :mariah-hurry:

and about the constant yapping about this backfiring at me. When the hell did I make this only about Nicki? I asked people if they agreed or disagreed and to name who they think is the most egotistical. You’re the only in here thinking she’s Miss Petty herself acting a damn fool picking a fight and writing checks you can’t cash like GIRL have a Snickers :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block