This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Gimme More' single in 2007 (August 31)

5 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

I’ll always remember this coming out. Everyone had Britney written off for done in the industry and then this bop dropped. Even critics who desperately tried to **** on Britney every chance they got couldn’t deny how legendary this song was. 

Exactly. Even her haters still to this day rush to the dancefloor when the iconic intro drops.

This track, its iconic video, the insane VMA performance… to me it solidified Britney as the ultimate popstar. Untouchable.

Blessed to have been alive for this legendary era.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I just realized it’s been FIFTEEN years. Holy ****. :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

This 2006-2007 era in music was one of the best though. Blackout, Future***/Lovesounds, Graduation (Kanye West)… all SO good. And they all had this dark serious clubby aesthetic which I loved. 

it's so weird. I was 14 when it came out, and now it's been out for more than my age at the time :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Like back then, the BOMT and Oops eras felt so distant, like a lifetime had passed since 2000, but today 2007 doesn't feel to me as if it was that long ago. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's so weird. I was 14 when it came out, and now it's been out for more than my age at the time :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Like back then, the BOMT and Oops eras felt so distant, like a lifetime had passed since 2000, but today 2007 doesn't feel to me as if it was that long ago. 

I know what you mean. Time feels so much slower when you're younger. I was 9 when it came out, but it still doesn't feel that long ago to me as weird as that sounds. I just can't believe how grown I am now. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Unfortunately I was too young to remember the BOMT or Oops era. The first time I remember hearing about Britney was 2003 when ITZ was released, but I was only listening to BOMT, Oops, and Toxic around that time.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block