This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Gimme More' single in 2007 (August 31)

gimmemore.jpg.103b04741dd556e5e5b61f3b07b12bbd.jpg01.jpg

On August 31, 2007, Britney Spears released Gimme More as the lead single off her fifth studio album Blackout. It was co-written by Jim Beanz, Marcella "Ms. Lago" Araica, Nate "Danja" Hills and Keri Hilson, while being produced by Danja. The dance-pop / EDM track opens with the now iconic phrase uttered by Britney "It's Britney, *****!" and closes with a spoken outro by Danja.

The song was recorded a year prior, one part when she was still pregnant with her second child Jayden James, and then she finished the rest three weeks after her son was born (just a few days before filing for divorce). It was released in the middle of a very chaotic year in the personal life of Britney (which was very exacerbated by the media and paparazzi) and it marked a shift in the music style she had been delivering with her first records.

The song peaked at #3 on the US BBH100 and it was top 5 in several countries.

The song received a music video that was premiered in October of that year.

She performed Gimme More live for the first time at the VMA's 2007 which took place in September (we'll commemorate that anniversary next week).

Since then, she included it as an interlude on her Circus Tour (2009), and she also performed it at the Femme Fatale Tour (2011) and Piece of Me residency (first as a part of a medley with Piece of Me and Break the Ice, and later as an independent number).

On January 2008, Lil Kim remixed the song as part of her mixtape Ms. G.O.A.T. The song was renamed as "Kimmy More".

• Love 8

My favourite Britney song of all time.

I remember being so eager for new Britney.
It leaked ahead of schedule, I remember that much. A few days or so?
Downloading it on the family desktop computer from limewire and going to school to tell friends Britney has a new song, it IS SO SO SO GOOD. 😂

At the time they were saying the album was called black dice or wolf eyes when gimme more dropped. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

gimmemore.jpg.103b04741dd556e5e5b61f3b07b12bbd.jpg01.jpg

On August 31, 2007, Britney Spears released Gimme More as the lead single off her fifth studio album Blackout. It was co-written by Jim Beanz, Marcella "Ms. Lago" Araica, Nate "Danja" Hills and Keri Hilson, while being produced by Danja. The dance-pop / EDM track opens with the now iconic phrase uttered by Britney "It's Britney, *****!" and closes with a spoken outro by Danja.

The song was recorded a year prior, one part when she was still pregnant with her second child Jayden James, and then she finished the rest three weeks after her son was born (just a few days before filing for divorce). It was released in the middle of a very chaotic year in the personal life of Britney (which was very exacerbated by the media and paparazzi) and it marked a shift in the music style she had been delivering with her first records.

The song peaked at #3 on the US BBH100 and it was top 5 in several countries.

The song received a music video that was premiered in October of that year.

She performed Gimme More live for the first time at the VMA's 2007 which took place in September (we'll commemorate that anniversary next week).

Since then, she included it as an interlude on her Circus Tour (2009), and she also performed it at the Femme Fatale Tour (2011) and Piece of Me residency (first as a part of a medley with Piece of Me and Break the Ice, and later as an independent number).

On January 2008, Lil Kim remixed the song as part of her mixtape Ms. G.O.A.T. The song was renamed as "Kimmy More".

Give you what? Give you what ? MORE

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block