Chris Rock Offered Oscars Hosting Gig For 2023 – Here’s Why He Turned It Down

Zach F

Chris Rock has revealed that he was offered an opportunity to host the Oscarsonce again for 2023.

However, the 57-year-old comedian turned The Academy down, and revealed just why he passed on getting back on the stage as host for a third time.

According to the Arizona Republic paper, Chris alluded to the offer during his stand-up set in Phoenix over the weekend, and he likened it to returning to the scene of a crime.

He made a reference to the OJ Simpsonmurder trial, saying that it would be like asking the late Nicole Brown Simpson“to go back to the restaurant.”

Chris also mentioned being offered the chance to appear in a Super Bowl commercial but also turned down that request.

Elsewhere in his stand-up routine, Chris briefly addressed the slap from Will Smith.

He acknowledged the slap from Will did hurt and that it wasn’t lost on him that the actor once portrayed Muhammad Ali in a biopic.

“He’s bigger than me,” Chris said. “The state of Nevada would not sanction a fight between me and Will Smith.”

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block