Britney’s “Sucker For Pain” Demo Has Finally Leaked In Full!

4 minutes ago, --- said:

the material on blackout tends to be more critically acclaimed than the music of circus. circus was a fully-loaded commercial vehicle, yet blackout still competes. britney was absent for majority of blackout's promotion and had little to do with it's public reception (aside from the controversy at the time). i mean to say exactly what i said, which is that mature music from britney tends to be received well. when her team oversteps, music is usually emotionally stunted and criticized. my point is that allowing britney to mature with her audience tends to lead to more positive reception than rehashing the default formulas of her past commercial successes.

I don’t think we can really talk about Blackout and Circus as two completely different albums when they share much of the same sound. They were recorded back to back and have many of the same producers, I usually regard it as two sides of the coin, before and after the con, Blackout before, Circus after. 

Strange thing about Circus that I don’t think gets repeated enough is Britney was (maliciously) led to believe that the con would END in 2009 at the end of the year. She apparently really believed that the entire time and so, imagining that mindspace of what she was going through delivering her greatest success since her debut, it’s not something that’s immediately apparent on first glance, but obviously something worked. Circus was massive, twice as successful as Blackout, and produced at least three undeniable classics. Circus was huge and I really feel like it’s been critically underappreciated. That was a huge triumph for Britney. She really needed it even if she wasn’t getting out of the con no matter how good or successful it was. 

The title Circus does not do it justice. This was such a surreal, twilight-y time in Britney’s life and in her career, greater than ever and truly larger than life, but invisibly caged in a con, and we all were just watching the show. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

Yes, this too. “Telephone” also screams Britney and suited her more than Bey, no offense. :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair: Also, a Britney/Gaga collab in 2010 would have been everything and HUGE. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Are you kidding me??!?! Beyoncé SLAYED not only her abusive boyfriend but also the entire universe in that Telephone cameo. Let me tell you also, GAGA needed BEYONCÉ for that more than the other way around. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

I don’t think we can really talk about Blackout and Circus as two completely different albums when they share much of the same sound. They were recorded back to back and have many of the same producers, I usually regard it as two sides of the coin, before and after the con, Blackout before, Circus after. 

Strange thing about Circus that I don’t think gets repeated enough is Britney was (maliciously) led to believe that the con would END in 2009 at the end of the year. She apparently really believed that the entire time and so, imagining that mindspace of what she was going through delivering her greatest success since her debut, it’s not something that’s immediately apparent on first glance, but obviously something worked. Circus was massive, twice as successful as Blackout, and produced at least three undeniable classics. Circus was huge and I really feel like it’s been critically underappreciated. That was a huge triumph for Britney. She really needed it even if she wasn’t getting out of the con no matter how good or successful it was. 

The title Circus does not do it justice. This was such a surreal, twilight-y time in Britney’s life and in her career, greater than ever and truly larger than life, but invisibly caged in a con, and we all were just watching the show. 

my intention isn't to discredit circus. it's more to point out that a mature sound from britney is received well. circus simply fell on the sword of the discourse so to speak.

37 minutes ago, --- said:

my intention isn't to discredit circus. it's more to point out that a mature sound from britney is received well. circus simply fell on the sword of the discourse so to speak.

I’m still saying Circus is plenty mature and unfairly criticized when songs like Blur, Unusual You, and even My Baby should be critical DARLINGS. On the other hand, critics variously preferred songs like Mannequin and Lace & Leather and Womanizer was the critical favorite, not saying they were wrong, but I think it’s been well established contemporary critics don’t really “get” Britney. Mature songs like the gem Out from Under were sitting right there. Critics seemed to actively overlook just how good Circus was and focus on the spectacle. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block