Elton John just gave a live performance of "Hold Me Closer"

15 minutes ago, Daveee said:

No one would care about this song if it was just Elton by himself. And no one from the new generation even knows him... so it's funny to me how some fans keep saying it's an honor he invited Britney to collaborate :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

He's the one who should be grateful Britney did it 

Thats like saying Britney should be greatful someone like Miley choose to work with her

Such a stupid argument

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Is there anyone else that still hasn’t listened to the song besides me?! 

Can we at least save the criticism for when the song actually drops. 

All these “different” versions could be a way to create more hype. I believe it’s working as this song is all over tik tok. 
let’s wait till Friday and see! 

• Love 1
  • Like 7
6 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

I kept myself from listening to the leak but after reading this thread I guess I'll have to look for it after the release?

Yea me too haven’t heard the song, but I definitely want to hear the leak if it’s more Britney vocals than official one we are getting 

they may do what artist been doing lately & releasing more version of the song 

it may be one with just elthon & one with just Britney 

there's clearly a huge generational and cultural gap between Britney and Elton fans lol 

Elton's career of more than 50 years can't be compared to Britney's, but not because Elton has such an impressive career it means he's able to escape the fact that some generations, or even cultures / people from other countries don't know anything about him or can't recognize any of his songs, while instead being able to recognize Britney Spears and her music better. That's just the natural effect of the passing of time, and it's happened to Britney with newer generations, and it will happen to every artist sooner or later. So as much of a legend as Elton John is, he can still be a nobody for a lot of other people, and so it's the same for Britney to older and newer generations than those that grew up with her. 

And for that user acting like the "mmm baby" was the worst abomination that ever happened in the history of music, calm down, it wasn't that bad either, and it DOES fit the timing of the song, even Elton himself adds a similar adlib in the homologous verse when he's singing the second part of the song, because it just feels natural to do it. Otherwise it just sounds empty and boring. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block