Elton John just gave a live performance of "Hold Me Closer"

Lmao everyone complained about the leaked version and now they removed the adlib :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

You guys deserve it tbh yes im that petty :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I love this version tbh i just cannot wait to listen to the HQ . Somewhere, there's an exhaler sitting using their  internet explorer typing " This is just a demo it sounds like a demo Elton will change the final version" :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

Never dare to harass elton on any platforms... it will leave a bad taste on britney... i know we all want the best for our girl but be grateful that elton picked britney to be on the track. With or without the mmm baby, people will still recognize her vocals... and the song being the sister of cold heart has a very good replay value... so chances of being a hit is there.

So chill. Wait til friday. And support.

This is a chill bop! I'm excited. :bouncey:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

So something I think no one is thinking about is the production and flow of the song. The change they made is VERY common. 

I LOVED the adlib in the first verse. But it makes more sense to have the adlib in the second verse, because it makes the adlib stand out. It's a part of the formula. It doesn't make the other adlips sound special if they're everywhere. It's also worth mentioning that lyrically it doesn't make sense, "A spirit born of earth and water - AND bababa_+___+===][][;';[][]aayyyyy, Fire flies from your hands"

Taking that adlib out also led to something replacing it - there's a new guitar riff there now instead of it. and if wasn't new, it at least stands out. 

Cold Heart was pretty on the nose when it came with the structure of the song sort of swelling. when it first starts, it has very little going on, and even when elton starts the chorus, it's not too much. When Lipa comes in, everything comes together production wise. It seems like they're going for a similar vibe with this song, hell even both songs were August releases lol

Also, to everyone who's saying "yeah its natural, that's why elton's even doing it when he's singing it live" - YALL. He's there without Britney in a donald duck outfit singing live over a finished track. He's just sitting there. So of course he's finding opportunies to belt more. It's not bc he thinks "oh the finished version needs something more here." he's trying to give the audience more of a performance. 

THAT ALL BEING SAID

Did any of ya'll notice this full version has a very prominent synth during the chorus/after chorus? Right when "lay me down in sheets of linen" plays. It might have been there before but we could NOT hear it in the leaked version. the bass feels so full and nice too, i absolutely LOVE it. 

5/5 top 20 hit ez

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block