Was Keri Hilson to BO the same Myah Marie to BJ?

many of y’all think about Danja when you hear Blackout, but Keri Hilson deserves just as much credit.

Keri provided songwriting and backing vocals to almost half of Blackout:

• Gimme More
  • perfect Lover
  • break the ice
  • Get back
  • outta this world 

unlike myah, her vocals accentuated Britney’s voice and didn’t get in the way. It was subtle, whereas in, BJ Myah Marie was like a featured artist in the majority of the record.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bas che said:

many of y’all think about Danja when you hear Blackout, but Keri Hilson deserves just as much credit.

Keri provided songwriting and backing vocals to almost half of Blackout:

• Gimme More
  • perfect Lover
  • break the ice
  • Get back
  • outta this world 

unlike myah, her vocals accentuated Britney’s voice and didn’t get in the way. It was subtle, whereas in, BJ Myah Marie was like a featured artist in the majority of the record.

No.... they were both layered together.

Give me some example what part of Blackout she sing without Britney?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Always forget she was heavily involved in blackout I think it’s time Keri Hilson gets her flowers,

:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:fun fact Beyonka sabotaged her career back in 2008

I think part of it is Keri Hilson's fault. She is able to put out a banger like Gimme More, Break the Ice, and The Way I are. But her singles are mostly slow boring R&B song. I don't know what's her deal with that, or if her record label is pushing her to be in that box.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Almost Mystical said:

I think part of it is Keri Hilson's fault. She is able to put out a banger like Gimme More, Break the Ice, and The Way I are. But her singles are mostly slow boring R&B song. I don't know what's her deal with that, or if her record label is pushing her to be in that box.

It was probably her record label and racism tbh, Keri clearly excelled at pop music but was only allowed to make for a an white artist because pop has always been white.  A black female artist is only allowed to make r&b-pop

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

It was probably her record label and racism tbh, Keri clearly excelled at pop music but was only allowed to make for a an white artist because pop has always been white.  A black female artist is only allowed to make r&b-pop

Yes Fefe had similar experiences with pop rock 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

No.... they were both layered together.

Give me some example what part of Blackout she sing without Britney?

Half the gimmes on Gimme More.

but Keri is all around much more involved in the whole process than Myah, songwriting, production (as part of The Clutch), and actual demo recordings, Keri literally came up with songs, whereas I don’t believe Myah ever sang a song that Britney hadn’t already recorded. 

Keri was more like Bonnie McKee or Sia, Britney listened to their demos and recorded the final song much the same way, while Myah, to my knowledge, was always brought in to add parts to songs Britney had already recorded. 

Some Myah songs have been labeled Britney demos but I don’t know of any that were actually first recorded by Myah and then sent to Britney. Gimme More, Perfect Lover, and others first emerged from writing sessions with Keri Hilson. Myah Marie was never part of that to my knowledge. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

Half the gimmes on Gimme More.

but Keri is all around much more involved in the whole process than Myah, songwriting, production (as part of The Clutch), and actual demo recordings, Keri literally came up with songs, whereas I don’t believe Myah ever sang a song that Britney hadn’t already recorded. 

Keri was more like Bonnie McKee or Sia, Britney listened to their demos and recorded the final song much the same way, while Myah, to my knowledge, was always brought in to add parts to songs Britney had already recorded. 

Some Myah songs have been labeled Britney demos but I don’t know of any that were actually first recorded by Myah and then sent to Britney. Gimme More, Perfect Lover, and others first emerged from writing sessions with Keri Hilson. Myah Marie was never part of that to my knowledge. 

Insightful. I miss bonnie McKee she made magic with Britney 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block