Elton John shares official song snippet of "Hold Me Closer" with Britney on TikTok

3 hours ago, DANYELKO said:

ok ok you all right peopel , sounds like a completly different song. right ? :-)

That's not what people are saying but exaggerate if it makes you feel better. Based on the clip you posted, it's still a different vocal mix. Go to :47 on the exact clip you posted and then go back to the TikTok. There are backing vocals and Elton added. 

• Love 2
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

no one is saying this is a completely different brand new version. it's a different mix of the same song. y'all are getting the same song next week. what leaked yesterday was an early mix, that's it!

in the leaked version Britney sings the first chorus alone, in the TikTok snippet they sing together. 

I'm done arguing with deaf people. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

oki doki i understand the facts just if there is elton one million away in the background the song sounds exactly the same, same meoldie same sound same text same all so why then here everybody talking about a new version and sounds so diffrent please be honest to yourself is the same, maybe one peech lower or one more back voices , this makes the song not new haha , still love the song also with the new version (sounds so different ;) ) love love love it its a bop and can smash the charts for sure! With good Remixes also able to get a club banger!

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, DANYELKO said:

oki doki i understand the facts just if there is elton one million away in the background the song sounds exactly the same, same meoldie same sound same text same all so why then here everybody talking about a new version and sounds so diffrent please be honest to yourself is the same, maybe one peech lower or one more back voices , this makes the song not new haha , still love the song also with the new version (sounds so different ;) ) love love love it its a bop and can smash the charts for sure! With good Remixes also able to get a club banger!

I just think you're overall misunderstanding what we're all saying. If the vocal mix is different in the snippet then it could be a different mix overall, meaning what leaked was a first draft demo. We're not saying the song is a completely different song. We're just saying that if the vocal mix is now different that means the song as a whole was mastered differently. Which could lead to a better outcome or a worse outcome. An example of this is the Alien leak. The leak was less produced and the album version is overproduced. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, DANYELKO said:

Omg this guys have no brain just leave drugs hun . No one said it’s a brand new song just a change in the **** production are u Rtarded?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Yes this official mix is clearly different. Britney isn’t singing solo on the first chorus. For those who have the leak, listen at 46 seconds, and compare. 

Personally I’m glad they added Elton on the first chorus in the offical mix - the mixing in the leaked version was choppy and not great. And you can still clearly hear Britney singing “count the headlights on the Highwayyyy” as that was a great note she hit.

Glad this was mixed professionally.

This is going to be a smash 💥 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.