Where are you now - The best she has ever sounded

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Yuh. It really would have. Also if her stupid label made her sing with her real voice and didn't force her to use a baby voice. 

OT: definitely. 

Agree.

What a missed opportunity.

Although sadly I feel like Britney would've lipsynced the song anyways especially on the high note cause I dont think her vocals were or are that strong to consistently sing a high note every performance 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 8/19/2022 at 4:56 PM, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I honestly think the best she ever sounded was on “Lonely.” Her vocals are sharp, crisp, smooth and the layering was done fantastically without her overusing the baby voice. I also feel like it’s one of her few songs where her voice doesn’t get shuffled or lost with the background vocalists. That or on the “Make Me” chorus. “WAYN” does get a nod for that C#5 and the ad-libs but some parts are a little shaky/pitchy. Still good regardless.

Lonely over Where Are You Know?! And where exactly was she shaky or pitchy?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Yes it is. She never hit that note live. Probably is she did very high pre-chorus in S&M.

It’s an E-flat5 (that’s not that high of a note and instead of belting it she sung it in falsetto)…she’s belted higher notes than this and she sung higher falsetto notes.

On 8/20/2022 at 2:11 AM, Frankie8 said:

Where are you now has her nasal style. She does not sound her best when she is singing in that unnatural way. The big belt at the end is very nasally And her voice comes across as weak and thin.  Compare this to how she sang baby one more time a few weeks ago in her natural style and that blows where are you now out of the water if she belted like that on that song.

She sang BOMT a few weeks ago? 

Totally agree. Vocally Where Are You Now is her absolute best work and a song where she actually sings mostly in her natural register. I can't believe some people here think Lonely or her recent BOMT vocals blow it out of the water. Lonely has very forced baby vocals and the recent BOMT vocals may be deep but really sounded like her voice hasn't had practice for a long time. Her best recorded vocals were on her first two albums. I think anyone who denies this is living in a fantasy world.

The verses are great, not here for the climax. Overall Blur, He About To Lose Me and Luv The Hurt away are better vocally. 

Also here for Lonely vocals. Nothing wrong with “baby” voice, it IS her signature voice. It’s not any more “fake” than Sia’s “tired” voice. Private Show type of vocals are bad yeah, but the regular baby voice is legendary. I don’t get how people can criticize it when it’s literally 99% of her discography. I love the lower tone too but let’s not **** on the majority of her songs. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block