Where are you now - The best she has ever sounded

I honestly think the best she ever sounded was on “Lonely.” Her vocals are sharp, crisp, smooth and the layering was done fantastically without her overusing the baby voice. I also feel like it’s one of her few songs where her voice doesn’t get shuffled or lost with the background vocalists. That or on the “Make Me” chorus. “WAYN” does get a nod for that C#5 and the ad-libs but some parts are a little shaky/pitchy. Still good regardless.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I honestly think the best she ever sounded was on “Lonely.” Her vocals are sharp, crisp, smooth and the layering was done fantastically without her overusing the baby voice. I also feel like it’s one of her few songs where her voice doesn’t get shuffled or lost with the background vocalists. That or on the “Make Me” chorus. “WAYN” does get a nod for that C#5 and the ad-libs but some parts are a little shaky/pitchy. Still good regardless.

Her vocals in 'Lonely' are very underrated. They way she does that "voice-crack", in the pre-chorus and I don't mean in a bad way...

"Not this time, because i recognize."
Also...
"Think about the times that we've spent"

It's just beautiful. She has many moments like this on 'Britney'.

Despite the many people complaining about her breathy vocals, I think it's one of her most interesting albums vocally.

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Where are you now has her nasal style. She does not sound her best when she is singing in that unnatural way. The big belt at the end is very nasally And her voice comes across as weak and thin.  Compare this to how she sang baby one more time a few weeks ago in her natural style and that blows where are you now out of the water if she belted like that on that song.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Where are you now has her nasal style. She does not sound her best when she is singing in that unnatural way. The big belt at the end is very nasally And her voice comes across as weak and thin.  Compare this to how she sang baby one more time a few weeks ago in her natural style and that blows where are you now out of the water if she belted like that on that song.

her baby voice is incredible, it's her signature style and she does it very well.

3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I don't know how you can listen to the Oops album and not feel her voice has blessed you too enter the gates of heaven

No, I love the Oops album. It is 100% pop perfection. I just feel her natural style would fit WAYN better. I like her natural and baby voice (except when it's pitched to death like on Private Show's chorus and What you need), but feel there are times one style matches a song better than the other.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block