Beyonce's Renaissance is bad

Message added by Jordan Miller,

I want to encourage Exhalers to express themselves (even if I personally disagree; Renaissance slays imo). However, this is NOT an I hate Beyonce let's trash her post. If it turns into that I will either suspend you from entering the topic, or close it entirely. Rationally explain your reasoning in the comments. 

Stream Renaissance for clear skin.

I actually love Renaissance. I will say the first and second listen I was a little underwhelmed, but now I think every song is so strong, just shows how different an album can be when you give it a chance and persevere with it. I’m usually the one to say I wish Beyoncé would just sing and use her voice rather than trying to be bad, but I actually love the vibe of this album (heated, cuff it, alien superstar, thique, energy, America has a problem are all my faves). 

I actually do think it sounds really fresh 

• Love 1

I want to encourage Exhalers to express themselves (even if I personally disagree; Renaissance slays imo). However, this is NOT an I hate Beyonce let's trash her post. If it turns into that I will either suspend you from entering the topic, or close it entirely. Rationally explain your reasoning in the comments. 

Stream Renaissance for clear skin.

@Jordan Miller we can't just say flowers to artists, we can criticize their work too, they are not gods or above everything and must be held accountable.

• Love 1

I absolutely LOVE it and I'm not even a "YAS QUEEN BOW DOWN TO THE BEYHIVE SDFHJ'L;AKSJDFK" kind of fan. I think it's her strongest album since the Beyonce visual album, which is still one of my faves of hers. Lemonade took a little bit to grow on me, but Renaissance hooked me from the start. It kind of gives off similar dance/house vibes to Chromatica and Hold Me Closer (yes I've heard it don't @ me please :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:)

Break My Soul is a BANGER and sounds like it could have been released in the 90's yet still sounds really current. Same with Cuff It, which I thought was amazing from the first listen. Virgo's Groove is straight 70's disco produced for the 20's post-Covid club crowd. I'm really glad the Nile Rodgers/Daft Punk disco-funk style is becoming popular again and anyone who's been craving that kind of sound will probably love this album from start to finish.

Music Video Reaction GIF

• Love 1

“Hold Me Closer” is also bad so I guess Britney and Beyoncé stans are even now. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

No but Renaissance is a cool album. Is it my favorite? No, but she put her heart and soul into that album which is likely why it’s getting the praise it’s receiving. In no way, shape or form is it comparable for even a second to Brenda Jan.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, TommyX said:

The last Album I really enjoyed was 4. After that she turned into a meh-artist for me. 

I have always felt the opposite, she was just another generic pop artist prior to BEYONCE. I thought she was overrated before that.

But I love Beyoncé, Lemonade and Renaissance.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Kevney said:

I have always felt the opposite, she was just another generic pop artist prior to BEYONCE. I thought she was overrated before that.

But I love Beyoncé, Lemonade and Renaissance.

Generic might be a little much but agree with the sentiment. BEYONCE was a game changer for her. Or maybe she was just copying lesser known artists :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Sorry I'm in a messy mood

20 hours ago, PinkBarbie said:

I'm not a hater I love her previous albums and I love herself but I didn't like this album

It's your right not to like the album, might not be her best although I found a few songs on the album are great (thique, america has a problem, plastic off the sofa, energy) it's simply the fact everyday someone posts a thread about Beyonce being overrated and "agressive" or whatever  , y'all need to realize you pay too much attention to her ..... 

It’s the most overrated album of all time. How can this album have a 92 Metascore when Chromatica (79) and Future Nostalgia (88), two WAY better albums with actually different sounds and good songs, have lower score LOL. It’s proof that Beyonce is buying critics and her « fans ». No wonder the album is falling off the chart faster than anything.

Meryl Streep GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

I still prefer other albums to Renaissance but I've been listening to it on repeat for the past weeks and that album is NOT sth you'll get hooked on at first listen (at least that was my case). It's just ... different and unlike anything she's done before. After a while though, it grew on me. 

Also, Beyonce's strongest game is VISUALS (usually through live performances) and we still don't have music videos, let alone performances, which gives me hope that she'll manage to further cement the album on the market once those are released. It's too early to review the era when it's barely even started. She hasn't given us her all yet.

Be patient.

Side note: Since you compare Renaissance to BJ, let me just tell you that BJ wouldn't have been THAT hated by the BArmy had Britney released more music videos (that weren't a mess) and performed more songs live (not in Vegas). However, we kinda know why that happened but my point is that the visual part could've saved (to an extend) the album. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block