Remember when some of you were worried about the Blackpink song supposedly coming on the same day as HMC?

I'm actually a big K-pop fan, I stan BP and Itzy (Another kpop girl group). Yeah, this is probably their worst comeback track. I was so dissapointed. Their verses were great but the chorus.. and gurl wtf was that. at the end... the "ratatata" it sounded like a parody of themselves. Hopefully their title track and album will be good lmao 

• Love 2

The comparison doesn't make sense tbh, but focusing on the new BP song, I had mixed feelings with "Pink Venom" because the chorus isn't that catchy at first and I think is their weakest comeback so far sonically...  but I've heard the song several times now and just like in the past, is definitely a grower. Unfortunately is the same formula all over again, but I wouldn't say is trash or extremely a bad song. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Also, HMC is beautiful, I love it, no doubt, but is not breaking the fourth wall either, so you don't need to trash BP to validate HMC, at least one of them was officially released! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Luminous said:

The comparison doesn't make sense tbh, but focusing on the new BP song, I had mixed feelings with "Pink Venom" because the chorus isn't that catchy at first and I think it's their weakest comeback so far sonically...  but I've heard the song several times now and just like in the past, it's definitely a grower. Unfortunately is the same formula all over again, but I wouldn't say it's trash or extremely a bad song. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Also, HMC is beautiful, I love it, no doubt, but is not breaking the fourth wall either, so you don't need to trash BP to validate HMC, at least one of them was officially released! :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Yes I agree, even myself as a Blackpink fan I can recognize it's not their best but it's not necessary to trash them, a part from maybe genuinely not liking the song, but to feel better about Hold Me closer not having "competition " (for their perspective).

For me, it's just the way we say things, no need to be mean, because the group didn't do anything to you 😓 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block