Might not be the final version

15 hours ago, TeaWaiter said:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt,

I know I'm gonna get dragged for this, but I think the leaked version is missing something... it definitely needs more production vocally and instrumentally. There are parts where you can't hear Britney's voice and some parts where you can't even know what she's singing.... also, her vocals on the chorus and the outro need to be polished.

yeah i agree, it could use some polishing in general. there are some bits here and there that could be tweaked a bit. sounds a bit amateurish and unfinished. maybe if we had a higher quality version these would be more clear? i don't know; but this is why im just deciding to wait for official release.

so far i love what we've heard on the leak so i'd be happy as well if that is the finished product but i'm also not deaf or ignorant to reality.

14 hours ago, freeoverprotected said:

So I play dua song and then Britney one.

hope this is not final even when I really like it. The production on dua song is so smooth and on point, elthon voice and her voice ar at the same level of quality.

on Britney song elthon voice on the last verse sound like part of another song. Different tone. I don’t know just weird something off. I like Britney vocals tho I just don’t like the echoes and how difficult is to listen the word over the beat 

i just feel that the audio in general sounds sounds flat / not properly rendered. i don't know how to explain it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Danish said:

I hope there's a more polished version out there

I'm on the fence about this. The vocals on the current version definitely have a distant, analog quality to them which we're not used to hearing on a Britney record. Normally, this would be a clue that it's not the final cut, however, the vocal production on Elton's original version has a similar treatment so it could be that the warmer phonographic sound is intentional and faithful to the original track.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I'm on the fence about this. The vocals on the current version definitely have a distant, analog quality to them which we're not used to hearing on a Britney record. Normally, this would be a clue that it's not the final cut, however, the vocal production on Elton's original version has a similar treatment so it could be that the warmer phonographic sound is intentional and faithful to the original track.

Probably I heard final version where vocals are mastered and have really hard reverb (:orangu_orangutan_ape:)

Is there unmastered version without reverb?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, leviathan said:

i just feel that the audio in general sounds sounds flat / not properly rendered. i don't know how to explain it.

I think we're just not used to hearing Britney's vocals getting this type of treatment. We're used to icy polished hifi vocal productions popularized by dr. luke and max martin, but Elton is from a different time. The original Tiny Dancer has a similar vocal treatment for example.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I think we're just not used to hearing Britney's vocals getting this type of treatment. We're used to icy polished hifi vocal productions popularized by dr. luke and max martin, but Elton is from a different time. The original Tiny Dancer has a similar vocal treatment for example.

but his vocals are very 'messy' on it; comparing it to cold heart they're very different 

Not saying there's a another version just the vocals are not well mixed in parts

33 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

i see what you mean. it grows on you.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block