Britney: I don't know why I was so protective over my family, they sure as hell weren't protective over me

2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

By all accounts, Britney and Lynn were inseparable and Lynn was supposedly very supportive when Britney was little. Jamie's always been a useless drunk. Allegedly. I would love to know what made Lynn change so much.

A vast amount of money that she got used to having access to and saw as her entitlement. Money corrupts.  

5 hours ago, eve21 said:

Yeah you can always choose to be a different person. But you are not born evil. Sometimes you have other role models in your life you can look up to. Britneys parents weren't evil her whole life. They must have done something right in her early childhood. And at some point things got bad and out of hand! 

Beating someone up is never right. Don't romanticide this because it was Britney who has done it.

You are right, but you cannot be held to the same standard when you are a child as you are when you are an adult, which is why you don't get arrested if you beat someone up in the playground. Ofcourse it is wrong, but as a minor you need to be given the opportunity to learn better. My personal belief if that a child's nature is a mixture of nature and nuture. You can be born with sociopathic tenadancies, but a loving, stable childhood can work wonders. Likewise you can have no sociopathic tendancies at birth, but can develop them due to a traumatic/neglectful childhood. Sometimes you can overcome a bad childhood and be a fabulous adult (like Britney). This has all been debated to death by people that know far better than me on the subject, so my opinion could well be wrong. I don't really like the word "evil" though. No child is born "evil" as such.

8 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

But that's the thing. Lynn always had access to it BECAUSE her and Britney were so close. By turning on Britney to get the money, she ensured that she would never get the money again.

Control then, also something that corrupts. An inability to accept her female daughter had a great deal of power (from money/fame etc) that she (and Jamie Spear) could not influence. I imagine her background was quite patriarchal so the idea of a women being in control of her own destiny was probably quite foreign to Lynne. "Do what Daddy says" was probably the norm for such as Lynne Spears.      

15 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

But that's the thing. Lynn always had access to it BECAUSE her and Britney were so close. By turning on Britney to get the money, she ensured that she would never get the money again.

Or she could have just been manipulated by that narcissistic ex-husband of hers. Who knows!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block