Details about Britney and Elton’s new song "Hold Me Closer"

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, it should've been sci-fi-ish video, where she's a pilot flying a spaceship in a mission to find her man. The whole spaceship and everything in the video would've been in pink tones and muted colors 

That literally sounds like Ariana's Break Free, and that was tired even back then. Nah, gimme 1960's Britney being a stewardess on a plane to Hawaii. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

4 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: How have you never heard of Break Free?

probably I've heard it at some mall or something, but I couldn't tell. The only Ariana Grande song I really know or properly recognize is Into You and that corny one where she's like walking on the streets.

I know I've heard other songs but I've never liked her style enough to care about them or repeat them. Right now I can only think of that song with Nicki Minaj, and that other song also with Nicki Minaj and Jessie J but I'm having a hard time remembering the melody or the lyrics. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

probably I've heard it at some mall or something, but I couldn't tell. The only Ariana Grande song I really know or properly recognize is Into You and that corny one where she's like walking on the streets.

I know I've heard other songs but I've never liked her style enough to care about them or repeat them. Right now I can only think of that song with Nicki Minaj, and that other song also with Nicki Minaj and Jessie J but I'm having a hard time remembering the melody or the lyrics. 

I'M SORRY, YOU DON'T STAN GOD IS A WOMAN?! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

But how can she sound natural open and then compare the song to trip to your heart at the same:squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory::calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

WTF KIND OF CONTRADICTION 

I think they are two different statements. One relates to the lack of autotune or minimal use of it when it comes to voice and the second statement relates to the mood of her voice/song. I personally don’t find a contradiction.

Have you heard Tom’s Diner demo vs the released version? She sounds overproduced in the released version but natural on the demo. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I'M SORRY, YOU DON'T STAN GOD IS A WOMAN?! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: is that a song? 

I've never been a fan of Ariana :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

but I went and watched the Break Free video. I've probably heard the song before, but I had never watched the video. It was not what I was thinking for TTYH. Break Free is very Katy Perry-ish and silly. 

I was thinking about something more ethereal and personal. The whole video is Britney in the spaceship, alone, thinking about her love, beauty shots, closeups, very artsy fartsy. Storyline wise, something more like this

though it could also be applied to Man on the Moon, but MOTM would have blue-ish, turquoise tones 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block