What was the general public, fans, media's reaction to Britney's first pregnancy?

I felt a lot of people were shocked in a way because they felt she was too young for motherhood. Most of the female celebs in the generation before her had all waited until their 30s/40s to have kids because they chose their careers first. Britney being like 23/24 and at the height of her career seemed odd. But I did feel like she normalized starting a family in your 20’s for the female celebs of her time. 

Also a lot of people hated KFed and thought he was a bad influence on her. So they weren’t happy with the marriage, but people always thought she would divorce him soon and it would be okay and the “old” Britney would be back. When she got pregnant, it created a sense of “great, KFed is here to stay”. 

• Like 6

I personally didn’t think it was shocking as she had recently gotten married and had been photographed making out with kflop all over the place. There was a general acknowledgment that Kfed was a loser and destined to be an ex husband before long.  

https://www.mtv.com/news/r0yd1z/its-official-britneys-pregnant

This article reminded me of her website updates and how she was unique for commenting on tabloid rumors. Social media wasn’t as prevalent or interesting as it is now, so her feedback on headlines was super exciting. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block