Hold her closer… Are we ready to have that conversation?

Britney requires certain level of patience and understanding and I hope we can provide that as a fan base. Some of her posts are unsettling in a way that is hard to explain… It may not make sense to most people reading, but most likely does to her writing and experiencing it. It’s an unfortunate barrier and can be incredibly isolating.

Before and during the conservatorship she was abused because she’s different. The conservatorship, at least partially was meant to protect her identity and who she is as a person. Her family and management failed to protect her and continue doing so… It’s evident her care was never in her best interest.

I think it’s ok to say that Britney is in a substantial disadvantage compared to someone that is not disabled. For clarification even depression is considered a disability.

It’s a much wider problem how we perceive mental health. Current diagnoses are based on how many specific traits and patterns are pronounced in your personality. Based on that you get a related diagnosis, which sometimes is nothing more but a title that you carry on in a public notice, for the rest of your life. There is no need to constantly defend her. Britney herself acknowledged she’s currently being treated and she will eventually grow emotionally.

I respect Britney in any meaning, mostly because I can see a lot of resemblance of her in myself. I can be funny and clever and sometimes I can get vulnerable and make other people uncomfortable… including reading this right now. I can quickly go from one end of the spectrum to the next, driven by other people’s validation.

If something feels off or unclear to you - do not engage. Perhaps you’re not part of the audience her content was meant for. Embrace her as she is… quirky, unique, “a brilliantly-talented, extremely-hardworking icon, who is rightfully beloved & respected by millions around the world”. She’s on her journey and will eventually come to terms with herself.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Agreed, but I also don’t find her posts to be too alarming in the sense that they sometimes don’t make sense.  Sometimes I go back to the Britney Jean album booklet and try to read that little poem she wrote inside of it and it makes no sense to me either…something about a “little bean” or something :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: - I think she just tries to be Shakespearney sometimes. 

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

Yes let her express herself, she definitely has a lot to say and has found her own way to say it and we should respect that and feel lucky that we have the opportunity to have that shared with us. All of these come from her mind, her heart, her memories and her vision of things. Sometimes it looks a little weird and twisted but it is probably way more authentic than most "well written" and curated interviews, thank yous and personal notes shared by most celebrities. Cherish her uniqueness, don't repress it. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, petermaxforreal said:

If something feels off or unclear to you - do not engage. Perhaps you’re not part of the audience her content was meant for. Embrace her as she is… quirky, unique, “a brilliantly-talented, extremely-hardworking icon, who is rightfully beloved & respected by millions around the world”. She’s on her journey and will eventually come to terms with herself.

this part; but also she’s fine guys. just let her be.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I, personaly, feel that Britney could think a little more before posting. Just because sometimes she seems to bring some people's names out of nowhere. I don't see the GP behind britney's back for much longer if she continues with that path. See how Demi became a joke? Anyway. Hope she'll be ok. 

this fanbase is incredibly patient and understanding. the release of a song is not a threat. we’ll be here for her no matter what, as we’ve shown over the past 24 years. i don’t take anything from granted anymore and the fact that she wants to work alone is so inspirational after everything she’s gone through. idk if i’m going to like the song or not, but i will forever be grateful.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block