Misogyny: Britney Spears’ revealing posts were widely criticised, while Lee’s image mostly received praise.

2 hours ago, Louis-j said:

CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO BEGIN WITH !

I agree with you, however the rules state children 13 and over can go on Instagram and Twitter and as we know, lots of parents give their kids access to social media much earlier too.

However, the issue isn’t just that kids could see nudity, but adults too. As I said, I don’t think people should be expected to just tolerate seeing **** and ****s as they’re scrolling general social media.

• Like 1

I absolutely hate veiny schlongs. So the fact that Tommy Lee's is long, fat and so smooth? :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I need it to wreck every inch of my intestines. And why does his body look so good at 59?! I wanna lick those tattoos! I just know he's rough and dirty in bed. I need him to pull on my hair, bite my neck and use me OMG :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

Sorry, I needed to get all the thirst out. Deal with it.

• Haha 2

To be honest I feel that the problem isn't with Britney posting such pictures, it is the way pictures are taken, the low quality of these emojis that she uses, and the weird poses... They kinda seem and look unprofessional and weird. On the other hand, Kim K, Christina, Jay-Lo kind of take more professional ***** that look and present in a nicer way... Just an observation.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:17 PM, BritneyGXKB said:

I think Instagram would have suspended a woman’s account who posted a clear picture of her *******. That in itself tells you the cruel s**ist double standards that social media companies operate by. Social media is horrible and only exists to hook its users.

Tommy Lee completely aside, I think Instagram has actually been quite lenient with Brit, as some posts you can clearly see her nipple and/or areola through her fingers. 

For sure, misogyny is part if it, but it's not all. And let me clarify, I am not defending the mentality, but people in general consider the Kardashians, mostly, "trash". Women who have built an empire not on talent or smarts, but on looks, scandal and vanity. They are not considered talented. 

I think because of how extremely young Britney was wheb she came into the scene, people unconsciously assumed they could have a say on everything about her, cause "she was too young and needed protection". Even theif people who have been nice to her, such as Rosie O'Donell, were a little "motherly" but leaning towards intrusive. Do you remember her telling her on her talk show she shouldn't dress up like that? So, I.think people have never fully moved on from this nor from the perfect pop star persona constructed around her. People, even fans, still hope for Britney to "light up" the VMAs , even when the VMAs are trash and irrelevant. People demand "a career" from her and can't picture her with a different life other than the "pop star that lights up rvery stage". So, when she comes out, unglamorous, less than perfect, looking human, people destroy her, cause "she should be better" and they are no longer mesmerized by the perfect pop chick. 

Also the whole issue with what people assume motherhood should be and so on (not that I agree).

On 8/13/2022 at 6:41 PM, Frankie8 said:

But there shouldn't be different standards for moms. People need to stop asking women to censor themselves when dudes aren't held to the same standards. You can be all of those things you outlined as a mom AND be who you were before. Too many people demand moms give up their identities and morph into this perfect Madonna figure once they give birth. So tired of society demanding women erase themselves and contort to a specific image and set of rules to please the delicate sensibilities of people who can't handle the fact that mothers are more than just the title - they're women with lives and bodies. If you don't wanna see moms online, then don't go online.

---

Difference is one is a rocker and the other is a pop star who dressed s e x y, but was always derided for going against her sweet persona.

Now everyone has seen Tommy nude anyway years ago so it wasn't as big of a deal. Although, I did read ageist comments against him saying he's too old to be showing himself.

Britney is a mom and held to a different standard.  I mean really if people's moms posed nude online, no one would say oh that's my mom expressing herself and liberating her womanhood, etc.  Also, people see her as s e x y, but crazy, so people automatically assume her doing that must be because her thinking is off.

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block