Misogyny: Britney Spears’ revealing posts were widely criticised, while Lee’s image mostly received praise.

Tommy Lee’s full-frontal nude picture sparked ‘double standard’ accusations

The heavily tattooed Mötley Crüe drummer shared a full-frontal selfie on Instagram and Facebook on Thursday, with the caption “Ooooopppsss.”

Instagram and Facebook took it down within hours for violating nudity rules, a Meta spokesperson told CNN. It sparked a debate on social media - with critics accusing the platform of delaying its removal and double standards.

“So Tommy Lee can post a picture of his ***** on @instagram that’s still up three hours later, but a picture of my curvy booty in a thong bikini gets taken down? Cool, cool,” journalist Lola Méndez tweeted.

Others cited the photo as an example of the misogyny women face, saying some of Britney Spears’ revealing posts were widely criticised, while Lee’s image mostly received praise.

“Make it make sense. The double standard is so apparent,” one user posted. “2022 and we have to witness Tommy Lee being praised for posting a frontal nude while Britney Spears is constantly mom-shamed for posting **** pics,” another one added.

🔴 SOURCE: CNN

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Difference is one is a rocker and the other is a pop star who dressed s e x y, but was always derided for going against her sweet persona.

Now everyone has seen Tommy nude anyway years ago so it wasn't as big of a deal. Although, I did read ageist comments against him saying he's too old to be showing himself.

Britney is a mom and held to a different standard.  I mean really if people's moms posed nude online, no one would say oh that's my mom expressing herself and liberating her womanhood, etc.  Also, people see her as s e x y, but crazy, so people automatically assume her doing that must be because her thinking is off.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Oxic said:

But Tommy Lee is a father :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Moms are held to a different standard, because people see moms as nuturing, loving, the one who kisses bruises and makes them better, who reads to them as kids, the one kids typically go to when crying, the one who plays with you as a kid, the one who helps with homework, the one who bakes you cookies and birthday cakes, the one who is sweet natured and sings lullabyes etc. Wrap that all together and people hold their mom to a high degree and therefore no one wants to see their mom naked online.

1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Moms are held to a different standard, because people see moms as nuturing, loving, the one who kisses bruises and makes them better, who reads to them as kids, the one kids typically go to when crying, the one who plays with you as a kid, the one who helps with homework, the one who bakes you cookies and birthday cakes, the one who is sweet natured and sings lullabyes etc. Wrap that all together and people hold their mom to a high degree and therefore no one wants to see their mom naked online.

22713290.cms?imgsize=68051

xin_101003031529120307899.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I mean in my opinion it's far, far from being the worst she's posted/done since 2005. 

It was tacky because it wasn't "esthetic", it was trashy (let's use the real words), because had it been a photoshoot nobody would've said anything. There's one gorgeous pic of herself just holding her breast and it was a good one. The one with her dog or on the beach weren't esthetically pleasing or anything tasteful. 

Still, criticizing and mom-shaming is odd, because since she's a mom she did womanizer (naked in a sauna... and sweaty), a naked photoshoot for womanizer holding her breast, wore BDSM outfits in the Circus Tour, did a lap dance during the FFT, had a song about having bi***ual ******, had a song about having threesomes and humping guys and girls in the MV while showing her *** in tongues, had a song with Rihanna about being spanked and whipped, performed her in a Playboy-leather outfit pole dancing while hands-tied, had s3x in criminal MV, then had a mom era that lasted a few months before getting back with a BDSM-themed music video in which she whips a gagged girl, then comes back with another music video with a song about how a man is making her *******ing and basically humping the floor on all fours while earlier hitting the BBMA stage in underwear singing about mas*******n and s3x while pole dancing, shall I continue? 

Saying "you're a mom now" isn't adequate since she's basically done this kinda stuff since... well before her kids were born.

Saying "these pictures are not really tasteful" is more adequate. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, do the thing said:

I mean in my opinion it's far, far from being the worst she's posted/done since 2005. 

It was tacky because it wasn't "esthetic", it was trashy (let's use the real words), because had it been a photoshoot nobody would've said anything. There's one gorgeous pic of herself just holding her breast and it was a good one. The one with her dog or on the beach weren't esthetically pleasing or anything tasteful. 

Still, criticizing and mom-shaming is odd, because since she's a mom she did womanizer (naked in a sauna... and sweaty), a naked photoshoot for womanizer holding her breast, wore BDSM outfits in the Circus Tour, did a lap dance during the FFT, had a song about having bi***ual ******, had a song about having threesomes and humping guys and girls in the MV while showing her *** in tongues, had a song with Rihanna about being spanked and whipped, performed her in a Playboy-leather outfit pole dancing while hands-tied, had s3x in criminal MV, then had a mom era that lasted a few months before getting back with a BDSM-themed music video in which she whips a gagged girl, then comes back with another music video with a song about how a man is making her *******ing and basically humping the floor on all fours while earlier hitting the BBMA stage in underwear singing about mas*******n and s3x while pole dancing, shall I continue? 

Saying "you're a mom now" isn't adequate since she's basically done this kinda stuff since... well before her kids were born.

Saying "these pictures are not really tasteful" is more adequate. 

I guess in a nutshell some of her pics are not tasteful to some and she puts herself out there to be put on blast.

Tommy's pic is in the same category as Britney, since theyre selfies, but Tommy's a rocker and he fits into the rockstar vibe. Genres of music also complicate matters even with judging artists differently.

Edited to say you really had a thorough aswer!

5 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Difference is one is a rocker and the other is a pop star who dressed s e x y, but was always derided for going against her sweet persona.

Now everyone has seen Tommy nude anyway years ago so it wasn't as big of a deal. Although, I did read ageist comments against him saying he's too old to be showing himself.

Britney is a mom and held to a different standard.  I mean really if people's moms posed nude online, no one would say oh that's my mom expressing herself and liberating her womanhood, etc.  Also, people see her as s e x y, but crazy, so people automatically assume her doing that must be because her thinking is off.

What do you mean, Tommy Lee is a parent too! Why is it not embarrassing to see your dad naked on Instagram? Misogyny?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

Males and females have different social expectations. They are not the same. It would be more accurate to compare Britney’s post to a Kardashian or J Lo who also post **** pictures 

No because the whole point WAS the double standards depending on s** and gender. Tommy Lee is a father. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Littlewing said:

What do you mean, Tommy Lee is a parent too! Why is it not embarrassing to see your dad naked on Instagram? Misogyny?

People would be embarassed seeing their dad naked online, but talking about society's reaction to both of them, of course Brit will get flak.

It's always been like that though concerning nudity. A guy flashes himself joking around with friends or at a party, it's funny. A girl does that and she's labeled crazy and a sl.ut.  It's always been like that because society has different expectations of behavior. Men and women are different and so get judged differently. Men can be reckless and people say he should think things through better. Women are seen as the ones who should know better because they should be level headed and have more foresight. I think that thinking also comes into play. Plus, moms are primary caretakers and are seen as someone who should definitely know better, because they are raising a child and spend more time with the kids.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Frankie8 said:
replies.png.195128367d00a13a1a7047b59daf
Direct reply

People would be embarassed seeing their dad naked online, but talking about society's reaction to both of them, of course Brit will get flak.

It's always been like that though concerning nudity. A guy flashes himself joking around with friends or at a party, it's funny. A girl does that and she's labeled crazy and a sl.ut.  It's always been like that because society has different expectations of behavior. Men and women are different and so get judged differently. Men can be reckless and people say he should think things through better. Women are seen as the ones who should know better because they should be level headed and have more foresight. I think that thinking also comes into play. Plus, moms are primary caretakers and are seen as someone who should definitely know better, because they are raising a child and spend more time with the kids.

Can you think further than your nose? You could say the same about homophobia; ”it has always been like this”. You’re wrong though. The patriarchy hasn’t always been around. Pagan religions and culture was not at all as patriarchal as the current, dominating world religions that state that God is a man. Humanity existed for many thousands and millions of years worshipping Godesses where women’s ***uality was seen as a divine force, not something shameful as in Christianity.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block