Favorite Beyoncé Album?

Favorite Beyoncé album?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Dangerously in Love" was an *iconic* solo debut.

But I feel like "4" is her best album vocally. She really went all in on the R&B and I loved every second of it. 

Hands down - "Lemonade" is her best album conceptually. 

"I Am... Sasha Fierce" was avant-garde radio pop perfection. 

And then there's "BEYONCE", which really shook the core and changed the entire industry. 

"Renaissance Act I" is great so far, but I definitely need more time to form a proper opinion. 

"Bday" is the only one I don't really have a strong opinion on... 

• Love 1

My favorite album has been 4 for so long!  But I think Renaissance might take it for how fun & dynamic it is. So carefree & every listen I notice a different part of the vocal or production. It’s so well done.  

an amazing body of work is Lemonade but a little too heavy to constantly listen to. 

my least fav is Sasha  obviously the singles were iconic with single ladies & halo but the rest is very generic & it’s not a good cohesive album.  

• Love 1

I dont have a fave or a least fave, because i dont care.
I was like more into her music when Dangerous In Love and Dbay because was more catchy muisc and the beginning of her... Bday deluxe is like another album put it together, is like two albums the first edition and the re-release.
I think "Beyonce" and "Lemonade" are arguable the best music of her career, like she works for do better and better music, but I didn't listen to them because she didn't call my attention.
"4" is a consistent good album and in these case is more like coherent that the firsts (also Dangerous In Love was a caos as differents types of music).
I listen Renaissance one time, is like didn't call my attention only when start Break My Soul that is a good single.

• 1 month later...

Finally did my due diligence and gave her discography the respect it deserves. Here's my current ranking:

1) 4 (It kind of takes the best parts of B'Day and I Am...Sasha Fierce and improves upon them. There's not a single song I would skip, so it's the consistency that makes me love 4 so much. Also, Love on Top has really stood the test of time. My God, What a f-cking song...)

2) Self-Titled (I love how diverse the soundscape is while still remaining cohesive, plus I just love the lyrical themes explored. The second half of the album loses me a little bit, but I like it a bit more than Lemonade.)

3) Lemonade (The first half of the album is just immaculate, but the second half loses me from time to time. Overall, the concept is just too well thought out for me to place it any lower.)

4) Renaissance (The production is absolutely immaculate, but it's not an album I could put on and listen to at any given time. Moreover, I can only listen to songs about her azz being thick and her pronouncing designer brands in a very French way for so long. Don't get me wrong - it's a great album, but it's almost too cohesive. Lyrically, it's just an album of ***Flawlesses and Formations, which is the whole point, but it's just not exactly my cup of tea.)

--- there is a ravine between these in terms of quality and replay value ---

5) B'Day (There's nothing wrong with the album in particular - the production is just not for me, except for the Pharrell tracks. Also, it's kinda crazy how long she's been singing about infidelity. Not a criticism - just something I noticed during my deep dive. Anyways, Kitty Kat is lowkey a top 5 Beyoncé song. Too bad it couldn't save the album, though it could always grow on me.)

6) I Am... Sasha Fierce (So many of the I Am... tracks could've been sung by any of the adult contemporary mom pop girlies, so even if they're not particularly bad, there's no point in listening to them, methinks. The Sasha Fierce half is pretty good, but 4 does such songs better, and as a whole, the album is just too bloated with Halo clones.)

Pending: Dangerously in Love (still haven't listened to it, oop). :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: Roast me, @Henry., @Midnight, @Joshyworld. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 2

It's really hard because for me all of Beyonce's albums are almost at the same place , but I feel like renaissance doesn't have as many bops as the previous ones , her first was iconic, her second was great, Sasha fierce is her most mainstream one but also has great hits , 4 is amazing, Beyonce.... Not my fav of hers even though I have a few gems on that album , lemonade= perfection and renaissance is really good too .... Beyonce/renaissance are my least favorites by her even though they're good albums.

Her self titled  is the only album I’ve ever loved start to finish. It’s one of my favorite albums of any artist period. I love the singles from DIL and I Am Sasha Fierce. And “I Miss You” and “I Was Here” from 4 are two of my favorite Beyoncé songs. The rest of her music is meh for me. I really disliked Lemonade & Renaissance but voted Renaissance as my least favorite (at least Lemonade had “Pray You’ll Catch Me” & “Forward.”

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block