Did Selena rub Britney the wrong way?

6 minutes ago, Jade2022 said:

Rumour:

Justin Tranter wrote a song for Britney called "Land Of The Free" following her release from the C-Ship. The song is all about how America claims to be so democratic and amazing, but in reality there's a dark undercurrent of modern day slavery and shady lawyers. 

Britney heard the song and loved it. 

Then Selena heard it and did Justin agreed to work on it with her for her next album.

When Britney found out, she was unimpressed. 

Where did you hear/read this? 

3 hours ago, Viking84 said:

I don't know what to think of Selena. On the one hand, she seems super sweet. On the other, you have that whole kidney story with her best friend. You know, her BFF gave her a kidney and then they fell out because Selena kept on partying, which is kind of disrespectful to the person giving away their organ.

Where did you heard this? From what I’ve seen they are still friends - every chance Selena gets she’s always thanking Francia Raisa for giving her a kidney and saving her life, has made birthday posts, Francia was at her 30th birthday party and just what weeks ago? They made a tik tok joking around. 

Regardless I don’t think Britney was shading Selena? I think people are just reaching and trying to stir up drama. 

2 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

Britney posted about how great her wedding was a week ago and included Selena in a thank you on that post. There is no issue. I just don’t think some understand how Britney uses social media. She bunches a ton of different thoughts in one post. 

Yeah, I don’t get what fans don’t get that by now. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Viking84 said:

I don't know what to think of Selena. On the one hand, she seems super sweet. On the other, you have that whole kidney story with her best friend. You know, her BFF gave her a kidney and then they fell out because Selena kept on partying, which is kind of disrespectful to the person giving away their organ.

This is such a huge lie. Stop spreading rumors. Not every friendship has to be plastered all over social media to be real. Francia was at Selena's birthday and they've also made RECENT tiktoks together. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 3

Britney said in one post that during her wedding Selene kept on saying (3x) "I just want you to be happy" and the way she worded it, B seemed pissed.
 Now she keep on reposting that exact same pic of Selena, for me this is shade, and I'd really like to see it as praise as some of you are able to, cause I like them both and dislike bad bloods.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Lilian-frenchguy said:

Britney said in one post that during her wedding Selene kept on saying (3x) "I just want you to be happy" and the way she worded it, B seemed pissed.
 Now she keep on reposting that exact same pic of Selena, for me this is shade, and I'd really like to see it as praise as some of you are able to, cause I like them both and dislike bad bloods.

But why does Britney follow her then? She unfollowed Vickie real quick lol - But maybe Britney was like “you don’t know me that well to say that to me?” Idk lol 

Are some of y’all blind?!? Why do you never take things for face value and leave it at that?! All your weird guessing and making things up. Britney literally said in her own words she loves Selena and was so happy at the wedding because of Selena’s kind words? So that’s that. We know she loves her haha. 

I get that Britney’s captions are weird as hell and confusing but some things just make sense. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

But why does Britney follow her then? She unfollowed Vickie real quick lol -

I understand what you're saying but maybe Britney still likes Selena and to her that's not a good reason to unfollow her? Maybe she didn't appreciate something that she said to her but that doesn't mean she hates her? Y'all are free to believe whatever you want to believe, but to me this whole thing screams shade AND NO, I'm not trying to create any kind of drama cause I actually love both Britney and Selena and I was so happy when I saw the wedding pics, specifically this one: britney-spears-selena-gomez-promo.jpg

Also, I don't think that IG is relevant when it comes to this topic, I mean, look at Lynne... Lynne is completely free to comment under her posts and act like a victim whenever Britney drags her or her family. If I was Britney, I would have blocked every single member of that messy family! But I could be completely wrong tho, these are just my two cents lol :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, petermaxforreal said:

I do not think it’s a shade. Just look closely at the photo of Selena Britney reposted so many times. As far as I know it was after her breakup with Justin Bieber, when people were all over her, questioning her mental health. She made a statement with this photo.

There's so many layers to this photo... she looks bold and unapologetic, her body looks distorted, she's choking on a Barbie Doll head in her mouth, her dress says "HAPPY". I do believe this aesthetic and the story behind it resonates with Britney's current state of mind. This photo is iconic.

EQB6xt-HW4-AIb-Bhu.jpg

I should have read the comments before I commented.  I agree - this photograph in particular is meaningful to Brit in some way.  I don't see it as choking on a doll head, though - to me it looks like it is emerging from her mouth.

1284379.jpg

Back with a new album, the pop star goes deep on immigration activism, Latin identity, and her favourite karaoke song, with questions from the likes of Timothée Chalamet, Jim Jarmusch, and Yara Shahidi – plus, her...

The barbie head photo came from this Dazed magazine article/photoshoot.  In the article, she mentions Britney: 

Vaquera: What was the first CD you owned?

Selena Gomez: Britney Spears, ‘Baby One More Time’. (laughs) I was obsessed! She was also my first concert and my entire room was Britney-inspired. Even my little light switch had something Britney (on it)... I actually got to meet her a few years ago and I was like a little girl again.

I take it as sort of a Russian doll-inspired image.  Another face is emerging from Selena's face.

spacer.png

paging @Mx_Defying  🧐

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block