Michelle Branch Arrested for Domestic Violence Following Split From Husband Patrick Carney (Report)

Michelle Branch has reportedly been arrested.

The 39-year-old "Everywhere" singer was arrested earlier this week for domestic violence against her estranged husband Patrick Carney.

According to Page Six, police were called to Michelle's home in Nashville early Thursday morning (August 11) for a possible domestic disturbance.

Court documents claim Michelleadmitted to slapping the 42-year-old Black Keys musician "one to two times" and was subsequently arrested and booked.

She was released later that day after posting $1,000 bail.

News of Michelle's arrest comes after she announced that she and Patrickwere splitting up after three years of marriage.

"To say that I am totally devastated doesn’t even come close to describing how I feel for myself and for my family," Michelle shared in a statement.

Michelle also tweeted, and later deleted, a note that said Patrick cheated on her while she was at home with their six-month-old daughter Willie. 

Michelle has a hearing scheduled for November 7, 2022 to face her charge of domestic assault by offensive/provocative conduct.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

Good for that man to call the cops on her. I hope he is okay. It’s never right to abuse your partner. She’s a social justice warrior too always preaching on her IG lmao 

Yes you're not wrong but I think there is a reason to it, apparently he cheated on her.

I don't say it justifies everything but we can understand her perspective

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IsraeliMatt said:

It would've been a gamble. Probably it couldn't be proven that she did it, but what if it could? Not worth risking your credibility when she's got a lot of legal drama ahead, including custody stuff. 

If she denied it, it would have been a he said/ she said discussion and the officers could have decided to only give them a warning. But since she admitted to slapping him, they likely felt they had to arrest her based a crime being committed.  If could have been proven, her admission to the crime wouldn't matter; they would just arrest her.

3 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I would have never seen this coming :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

He has a history of cheating on his partners but I never really paid attention to this. She fell in love with him at a vulnerable time when she wasn’t able to release music before they met at a Grammy pre party in 2015. After being dropped by the changing executives on the label she was finally able tk make the music she wanted. It started with Patrick following a divorce from former basis (19 years her senior I believe) whom she had a child with at 21. She developed a bond with him resulting in hopeless romantic and a romantic interest of their own. They had a child? Got married and then had a miscarriage last year that was difficult for all of them.

Not sure she can even play the music they made together anymore or what will happen to her upcoming album Troubel With Fever, which hasalbum artwork that is from Patrick’s own father. It’s going to be awkward because she explained the meaning behind it

crazy that this happened 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block