Everyone is defending Britney

I do find it sad though how so many people are open about them being beaten as kids.
Im not a perfect mother myself, and I could easily see myself reactiong just like Britney. but that is to me the farthest a parent should go. 

Which is why I think this is such a white, priviliged perspective Kevin is trying to sell.

I live in Denmark, Europe and we do think americans are raising their kids wrong a lot. You guys are all about "respect the adult" and it urks me how Britney is like "respect me because Im a woman" but she is saying that because EVERYONE stripped her off her rights as a person AND woman. But what she is saying is actually very typical american. 
In my country, we are much more like "well then don wear your ******* shoes, see where that will take ya", and want the kids to learn from their own mistakes. Dont want the lotion? Fine, but come to me when you need some". 
If this was any other mother, I would have found it a bid weird, but since its Britney, she is under some circumstances that are very rare. This was right around the time she didnt want to do domination and whatever. I believe she was pressed from everything.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, joanhs said:

I do find it sad though how so many people are open about them being beaten as kids.
Im not a perfect mother myself, and I could easily see myself reactiong just like Britney. but that is to me the farthest a parent should go. 

Which is why I think this is such a white, priviliged perspective Kevin is trying to sell.

I live in Denmark, Europe and we do think americans are raising their kids wrong a lot. You guys are all about "respect the adult" and it urks me how Britney is like "respect me because Im a woman" but she is saying that because EVERYONE stripped her off her rights as a person AND woman. But what she is saying is actually very typical american. 
In my country, we are much more like "well then don wear your ******* shoes, see where that will take ya", and want the kids to learn from their own mistakes. Dont want the lotion? Fine, but come to me when you need some". 
If this was any other mother, I would have found it a bid weird, but since its Britney, she is under some circumstances that are very rare. This was right around the time she didnt want to do domination and whatever. I believe she was pressed from everything.

True, they need to take more responsibility. And face consequences. Difficult situation really. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, joanhs said:

I’m not sure how your approach is necessarily better since you’d let kids get hurt or sick.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
48 minutes ago, joanhs said:

I’m from Finland I agree with you to a degree, but I do also set clear boundaries and explain them why they are set. There are times when you let them experiment and there are times when you’re the adult and protect/take care of the kids.

For instance I put my kids to bed at the certain time, make them brush their teeth, don’t let them to call their siblings or friends with bad names (so far they don’t dare to call us parents with bad names), limit the amount of sweets they get to eat etc. I wouldn’t let them go out to an ice cream parlor in a freezing weather out of respect to the other customers and because I have ruined my own feet in cold when I was a kid. 

I also put cream on my child’s super dry skin because I don’t want him to scratch him and I know he’ll thank me later. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, very_urban said:

I’m not sure how your approach is necessarily better since you’d let kids get hurt or sick.

No I dont, but we also do it like that since they are kids. We just take the jacket under our arms, and within a few moments kids are like"..its cold" and we will be right there with a jacket or shoes. Kids are still tiny humans afterall, and to ask for respect, we need to also GIVE respect to the kids, so they can learn when to put lotion on, when to do certain things, without is shaming them or talking down to them. 
But it depends on the situations of course and isn't set in stone. :) We all do what is best for our family.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, The Finn said:

I’m from Finland I agree with you to a degree, but I do also set clear boundaries and explain them why they are set. There are times when you let them experiment and there are times when you’re the adult and protect/take care of the kids.

For instance I put my kids to bed at the certain time, make them brush their teeth, don’t let them to call their siblings or friends with bad names (so far they don’t dare to call us parents with bad names), limit the amount of sweets they get to eat etc. I wouldn’t let them go out to an ice cream parlor in a freezing weather out of respect to the other customers and because I have ruined my own feet in cold when I was a kid. 

I also put cream on my child’s super dry skin because I don’t want him to scratch him and I know he’ll thank me later. 

As I aid to someone else, its different from situation to situation. My daughter is also very sweet most time, so sun lotion isnt a problem ONLY if she doesnt get to do it herself. Also with tooth brushing - she starts and then I can give a check and do it also. We make deals, we negotiate, and yes, we sometimes say "you need to to this, or else THIS will happen". IPads are a perfect weapon that can be negoiated about :)  but other times I dont want her to show she can pull me around her little finger and that is why is she doesnt get dressed im like "Well, what will you do about the cold outside then? Because we are going NOW".. 

And Im sure Britney has been like that MANY times in their lives, im sure she has been patient many times. But as I said, in a time where she is feeling treated like **** by everyone, and you can hear she hates how they tell Robin what their mother did, Im sure she just gets taken on the wrong foot about the stupid lotion. 
Im sure without the c-ship, she would have had such a close bond she would have sat down on the bed and talked sweetly to him "let me do it" or whatever. It was just the wrong day, Im sure of it. 
And even if this was her all the time, then why the hell cant they get help like a normal family?? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

I watched a little of the first one but just felt uncomfortable and stopped it. Not uncomfortable because of anything Britney said, but uncomfortable because videos like that should not be released. 

From what I did see, she was parenting her children. She’s endured worse from her father as a grown *** woman. 

Also, did she know she was being recorded? What is the deal with people recording Britney without her knowledge. 

This is exactly how I felt. Only the people in that room should witness that and no one else. It’s just wrong that it’s out there for the whole world to see, not that’s it’s bad or anything just that’s it’s between them only, it’s no one else’s business 😞 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Everyone is defending Britney

Does that include certain rats on Twitter, ATRL and the Daily Mail comment section?

Would love to see the support of most people actually translate to them supporting Elton and Britney's new song, though. The GP need to start putting their money where their mouth is instead of just showing passive appreciation for Britney online. 

spacer.png

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Does that include certain rats on Twitter, ATRL and the Daily Mail comment section?

Would love to see the support of most people actually translate to them supporting Elton and Britney's new song, though. The GP need to start putting their money where their mouth is instead of just showing passive appreciation for Britney online. 

spacer.png

I think it will make general public and others even more interested in Britney's new music

Thanks for promo, K-Flop

Dr Phil Black Teen GIF - Dr Phil Black Teen Treasure - Discover & Share GIFs

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block