The UK's Official Charts Company believes 'Hold Me Closer' is out on 19th August

7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

They don't ever do well in the UK or that well in the US.

Also, I think this songs peak will come slowly, not at its debut. It'll be a slow burner.

Maybe not in the UK but I def feel Blackpink has started to penetrate the US market, and you can guarantee their music video will be dominating all the trending lists on youtube and twitter etc, they are at the height of their power and britney isnt so i cant help but think its is alittle bad timing but i want them both to smash it!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, D_Britfan said:

Maybe not in the UK but I def feel Blackpink has started to penetrate the US market, and you can guarantee their music video will be dominating all the trending lists on youtube and twitter etc, they are at the height of their power and britney isnt so i cant help but think its is alittle bad timing but i want them both to smash it!

Tbh, there's always going to be completion and i'm sure as K-Pop group they'll get an insane amount of views on their music videos. However, we are here for hopefully longevity and this song slowly rising up the charts. People need to not put pressure on the debut and also not expect a music video with Britney in it.

I'd even be shocked if we got any sort of music video on release day. We'll probably get a lyric video.

12 minutes ago, D_Britfan said:

I don't think it'll be a problem for the release of Britney's new song. Blackpink is very successful in the US for a group that doesn't even perform in English (I'm assuming they perform almost entirely in Korean, right?), but they've never had a top 20 hit outside of a song they did with Selena Gomez. I think Hold Me Closer will almost definitely be a hit if the song is good. 

28 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

I wonder if they're preparing a cute lyric video, I hope so. 

I hope so. Also, we need an Animated official music video (at the least), a-la-Dua Lipa remix. 

We can only dream for a video between Britney and Elton (or Taron Egerton with Brit)... 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I don't think it'll be a problem for the release of Britney's new song. Blackpink is very successful in the US for a group that doesn't even perform in English (I'm assuming they perform almost entirely in Korean, right?), but they've never had a top 20 hit outside of a song they did with Selena Gomez. I think Hold Me Closer will almost definitely be a hit if the song is good. 

They usually swap between korean and english throughout their songs but your point still stands, i love blackpink but i really want this hit for britney and i just think blackpinks known domination of all the trending lists etc might take the convo away from hold me closer

2 minutes ago, D_Britfan said:

They usually swap between korean and english throughout their songs but your point still stands, i love blackpink but i really want this hit for britney and i just think blackpinks known domination of all the trending lists etc might take the convo away from hold me closer

I think Britney's safe. There's going to be buzz about her putting out her first post c-ship music. Even without that, a Britney/Elton collaboration would get a lot of people talking. My biggest concern is about how good the song will be. If it's good, I think it'll be an easy top 40 hit in the US and UK. 

35 minutes ago, D_Britfan said:

Last time they even had the help of Lady Gaga yet still cant top Mood Ring on iTunes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block