Iggy Azalea Is Returning To Music After Fans Negative Reaction To Her Quitting

Cqleb

4 minutes ago, Lmfc1993 said:

I like her. and like her msuic. And she delivered so many visuals and looks on her ERAs. 

I don't understand the hate towards her, but I'm glad she is coming back, I think like touring with pitbull made her re-think her retirement. 

I want the BOPs Iggy. 

Iggy is white. That’s why they pushed her out. It amaze me how a Latina pretends to be black and gets a pass for using the N words constantly, yet a white woman is held accountable for what? For being white? @Future Nostalgia 

• Like 1

Not the thinly-veiled "but Cardi B said the n-word!!!" argument. :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: She's literally of Dominican and Trinidadian descent, with African heritage on both sides. As far as I know from my experience living in SoCal, mixed race people of African descent can say the n-word without getting any backlash, so I don't see why Cardi B can't when she's the same. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

But this topic is about Iggy; I don't know why some people are still throwing tired ass shade at Cardi where it doesn't belong. :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, descg said:

I'm indifferent towards Iggy too and the last single that i like was Team, but someone can explain to me what were the bad racist things he said?
If she said **** things I understand hatred but....

But if the hatred was for rapping with an Australian accent or not being from North America and rapping I'm sorry but I don't understand it and that's also racism in reverse.
For example Rosalia raps and is from Spain that is not from a country of hip-hop culture (although in Spain there are already rappers rapping since the 90's but was minority music).

What I want to explain is that I do not understand this cultural appropriation thing (Rosalia it also had criticism of cultural appropriation with flamenco also since she is not of gypsy ethnicity). I understand some point cultural appropriation that is wrong as when you do not cite the influences or when in the industry and discographers preferes (more years ago) more white singers making urban music than blacks, or benefit, there if I understand.

Is a complex theme but also the cultures have always mixed and that is why there are evolutions and different genres and mixed genres today.

P.D: I don't want offend anybody

Iggy was never problematic, she was literally ganged up against by the black hip hop community, firstly Nicki Minaj who legit felt threatened because Iggy was gaining insane amount of popularity. She went berserk on Iggy along with some other black hip hop artists all ain an obvious (and unfortunately successful) effort to bring her down and get the public against her.

The whole story was "you're white so you can't rap well stop appropriating our culture" as if hip hop and rap were reserved for black people exclusively, as if not everyone around the world loves that type of music. There's even K-rap and Euro-rap, Koreans and white Europeans rapping their hearts out.

Either way, it was all very disgusting what they did to Iggy, she did not deserve it. She was always a genuine woman trying to make money and success through her hard work and talent. And I'm not even a fan, this was always just crystal clear to me. 

Even though i'm not a fan of rap, I actually like some of Iggy's songs where she raps. I can't stand Nicki's music other than Pink Friday which literally wasn't even rap, it was electro pop lol

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block