Does Future Nostalgia Remind you of Thriller?

I know it’s very different in terms of pop music and I am not suggesting Dua Lipa is Michael Jackson, however her impact is undeniable right now. The album similarities thematically and in terms of how Fututre Nostalgia brought back this (now but at the time nostalgia was only starting to impact music production as it currently is rn) trend of post-disco pop. 

Music  crowds overarching from various genres have given her a chance and responded more than favourably as showcased with the success of Levitating, Break My Heart, Love Again, Fever, and more. 

but going back to thriller, the similarities thematically remind me of one another. Touching on Love, politics the  timeless  production is sleek and a component to compliment the strong vocals.

And yes, I agree I didn’t care about New Rules and the first record however Dua genuinely is singing her *** off. I genuinely thought this was prime  Xtina roaring at 2:51 . She has worked hard but the product sounds effortless and natural. 

Her forward thinking relies on avant- grade production pulling from 70s, 80s, and 2000s post disco and pop funk

in the way that Michael and Quincy Jones did with Thriller to start off the 80s pop scene, I feel Duas Future Nostalgia has led the current wave of returning to nostalgia as an aesthetic and musically. 

@SlayOut @i sometimes sing live @Henry Torres
@CrazyButItFeelsAllright @Britneyarmy8 @ILikeChillinWithYou @Midnight @GODNA IS A QUEEN 

Alternatively  I can see this being  compared to confessions on the dance floor but it’s different to me 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Avant-garde production"? :orangu_orangutan_ape: She basically took inspiration from disco (just like every other pop artist in 2020) and worked with like half a dozen well-known producers to mimic that sound. She herself played no role in actually producing the songs either, unlike MJ who received co-producer credits on half of Thriller. 

If anything, Future Nostalgia is more like the modern day COADF, only more appealing to the GP and not just a cult favorite for the gays. 

2 minutes ago, Stefani said:

"Avant-garde production"? :orangu_orangutan_ape: She basically took inspiration from disco (just like every other pop artist in 2020) and worked with like half a dozen well-known producers to mimic that sound. She herself played no role in actually producing the songs either, unlike MJ who received co-producer credits on half of Thriller. 

If anything, Future Nostalgia is more like the modern day COADF, only more appealing to the GP and not just a cult favorite for the gays. 

2 hours ago, Rik said:

Alternatively  I can see this being  compared to confessions on the dance floor but it’s different to me 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block