Britney responds to the church story: "I don’t like being called a liar when their church says I never asked"

She's allowed to have her wedding there, she just has to take a quick training before using their facility.  How hollywood to walk into a place and think you own it.  Would she have this same attitude with a Muslim mosq? come on Britney just be fair. Anybody can't walk into a church and say I'm using this as my venue, thanks.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

When Britney and Sam suggested Italy for their wedding, I was hoping that would the destination they chose and it would take place inside a castle or some place and now we find out she was gonna consider going there. It would’ve been cute that’s all  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cucumbers said:

She's allowed to have her wedding there, she just has to take a quick training before using their facility.  How hollywood to walk into a place and think you own it.  Would she have this same attitude with a Muslim mosq? come on Britney just be fair. Anybody can't walk into a church and say I'm using this as my venue, thanks.

I actually think that is what she meant. Aren't houses of worship for love and devotion? ...Yes...but only for their own... She's calling out the hypocrisy in religion. She has talked about it in several previous posts.

• Love 1

Yes Britney!!  Don’t let the church try and make you seem like a liar.  We all knew she didn’t personally call them.  And they know that too.  But of course, you come for a religious place and they do everything in their power to discredit you because JESUS! :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:
well sorry, the Queen ain’t here for your BS :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cucumbers said:

Britney literally worships the same God as the Catholic church… what an obtusely uneducated comment

2 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Britney literally worships the same God as the Catholic church… what an obtusely uneducated comment

Talking about uneducated comments... Catholicism is very different from most other Christian denominations, some even consider it a completely different religion all together.  Most churches don't require you to be Christian to get married there, but Catholic churches require you to be Catholic (not just Christian). Just because it's the same 'God' doesn't mean it's the same religion, and some would even debate they don't even worship the same God since they put more emphasis on other things. Most other denominations are very simple where everyone no matter who you are, are welcome. What @Cucumbers was saying that if they truly wanted to get married at that specific Catholic church, they could have done the courses to convert to Catholic (if they aren't already) or if they already then the quick marriage training courses to ensure they are getting married for legitimate reasons. I'm guessing this 'expensive person' they hired to book the locations, didn't bother explaining that to them. Because many (including some Catholics) don't even know that's a requirement...

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Talking about uneducated comments... Catholicism is very different from most other Christian denominations, some even consider it a completely different religion all together.  Most churches don't require you to be Christian to get married there, but Catholic churches require you to be Catholic (not just Christian). Just because it's the same 'God' doesn't mean it's the same religion, and some would even debate they don't even worship the same God since they put more emphasis on other things. Most other denominations are very simple where everyone no matter who you are, are welcome. What @Cucumbers was saying that if they truly wanted to get married at that specific Catholic church, they could have done the courses to convert to Catholic (if they aren't already) or if they already then the quick marriage training courses to ensure they are getting married for legitimate reasons. I'm guessing this 'expensive person' they hired to book the locations, didn't bother explaining that to them. Because many (including some Catholics) don't even know that's a requirement...

I didn’t bother reading past the first line of your short story, but a protestant getting married in a Catholic church is not comparable to one getting married in a Muslim mosque.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Relax. If it's all the same why can't she just go through the formality so the church can form a relationship with the person they are bringing into a lifelong union together with their partner.  It's standard procedure to go through a class with the church before marriage in the catholic church.  I love Britney and I don't want her to come off like Demi Lovato who punches down and uses her platform to picks fights with small businesses like the yogurt shop.  I understand she felt slighted, but the optics of it looks entitled to not want to do the standard class for the church.  I think it was really nice that she wanted to do it before God, but that is a holy sacrament that the church takes seriously.  It's not up to anyone to decide how someone runs their religion.  Like I said, mosques and temples have their own procedures too, but it seems to be okay to openly mock and berate the catholic church only.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

I didn’t bother reading past the first line of your short story, but a protestant getting married in a Catholic church is not comparable to one getting married in a Muslim mosque.

Of course you're not going to read because ignorance is bliss. It actually can be comparable.  I literally have a Muslim cousin who got married in a Christian (non-Catholic) church without converting, and know of Muslim friends who married Christians/Jews in their churches/mosques as well without converting.  But every person (including Christians) I know who married a Catholic had to convert to Catholic in order to get married in their church, so they either did it or went elsewhere.  Again, Catholicism is almost like a whole different religion since they don't treat things the same as every other denomination.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block