Flashback Friday,: Grace jones wants Gaga to find the real girl, soul underneath the personalities

If anybody can top the Reductive comment on Lady Gaga, it would be the original club queen herself Grace Jones.

I don't know about you but I rather be called reductive then basically described as a bunch of personalities, and no soul or real person behind there..

This isn't just shade, she threw the school bus sat gaga with this description of her.

But it did as some say showcased the veterans treatment of the younger generation and their pop stars but oddly they all agree Britney spears actually respected by all, cos she never went the lengths of what Gaga did, and they said almost everybody had something negative to say or distance themselves from Gaga. There has to be a reason why.

Most of her idol's outside of Elton John and Michael Jackson never cared for her, David Bowie son hints his father wasn't a fan and the Grammy tribute was disrespectful especially asking an artist he never cared for tondo a tribute like that, The Brits one. he remained silent .

@bas che

• Love 1

So because your "she'll cancel the Chromatica Ball before it starts because it's not sold out" narrative from a few weeks ago didn't end up coming true, you're forced to make a throwback topic about something that was said like 5 years ago? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: Doesn't it get tiring researching old tea to shade Gaga with? At least tug on her weave about something relevant, like her Joker 2 role.

Stop having flashbacks - come join us in the present.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I honestly have to agree with her. I feel like Gaga is constantly in the "act" mode, and I think this is why many of her co-stars dislike her or being with her. I firmly believe everything she does is far from genuine, the serious Gaga now and the crazy stunt Gaga back in the days - both made up personas for publicity purposes. 

5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I honestly have to agree with her. I feel like Gaga is constantly in the "act" mode, and I think this is why many of her co-stars dislike her or being with her. I firmly believe everything she does is far from genuine, the serious Gaga now and the crazy stunt Gaga back in the days - both made up personas for publicity purposes. 

The Salma Hayek facial expression as Gaga is praising her. Says it all.

Like it's all fake love, her movie costars silently tell us in body language, she's lying over here.. but I can't say something cis her insane fan base will attack me. But no she doesn't like me at all.

But the joker musical will flop, it's not about Margot Robbie, it's more like a musical great idea, but read the room, Gaga. Great for pop, but heavy metal, like you gonna need to do something the straight men are saying well nice to know we're not even being thought of by DC as usual it's gonna flop 

She didn't make a name and personality up for nothing. Gaga is her alter ego whereas Stefanie is her sanctuary for sanity.

Nobody can deny that Gaga always was in it for her fans and for the things she stands for. When did grace Jones last speak out on politics and engage in good projects for a cause?

Alone that Jones speaks about a fellow woman in pop like this is showing her true colors of not lifting others up, but picking on them. It's a disGrace that woman don't get **** from men bit also **** talk about each other even though there's enough space for everyone in the business. Jones needs such interviews to stay relevant and it's a shame she uses these occasions to throw fellow artists under the bus. Gaga may she be fake as you think never did and never will fall so low.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Only now do I agree with Grace Jones on this. Now that we got to know the real Gaga, shes not interesting at all. And it seems like Gaga is struggling to keep up with what she created. 

She has opened her fan base to a whole new group with jazz and acting I call that reinventing queen. We've seen everything from Gaga except normal. I'm here for a Stefanie era.

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Who cares about Grace Jones in 2022? Like… c’mon, Gaga is a Grammy and Oscar award winner and one of the best performers of our generation. Who cares if her peers don’t like her? I mean… who TF cares? She’s Lady Gaga vs some unknown pressed peers. Chile :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

So really it's forget the pioneers if they can't Respect your generation 

26 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

She has opened her fan base to a whole new group with jazz and acting I call that reinventing queen. We've seen everything from Gaga except normal. I'm here for a Stefanie era.

Her fan base didn't support the Tony Bennett album's, his did, she didn't open anything to her fans, they came back in Chromatica very small as that album is not platinum by the RIAA 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Her fan base didn't support the Tony Bennett album's, his did, she didn't open anything to her fans, they came back in Chromatica very small as that album is not platinum by the RIAA 

She gained new fans of the general public, that's what I meant. And I did enjoy/ still enjoy her jazz era and even Joanne era.

She gained new audiences with doing jazz and movie and managed to give her core fanbase a new album a performance with Ariana and now a world tour and while Corona she was an ambassador for COVID relief fund with many other super stars. Her heart is pure.

Everybody said she's a one trick pony, only gimmicks. Now she really has to prove she can act and she can sing and interact on a jazz evening, she slays and everyone is like Gaga is boring. People always want what they can't have and don't appreciate what they had when they didn't care for it.

Gaga proves everyone wrong and haters stay pressed instead of cheering for all these amazing pop girls or there doing their thing, not getting absorbed by the industry.

1 hour ago, pieceofphil said:

Im not talking artisticly, im talking about her as a person. For some reason, once I got to know the real Gaga, I lost all interest in her work. There is something fake, cringe, and out of touch about her personality thats the opposite of her Gaga persona and art. 

It's hard for GAGA because she created a persona, but I has to be honest that she has re-invented herself in each of her era. You can't say she has no soul or she's empty, we all have ways to cope with things, I think that she creates this persona "GAGA" to express herself, and she' has given us a lot of things. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block