This Day in Pop: 'Make Me...' music video premieres in 2016 (August 05)

makemee.jpg.58832ef47cd4df07d7fb7a2383e89364.jpg

014.jpg

On August 5, 2016, Britney Spears released the Make Me... music video featuring G-Eazy.

After two months since we knew that she had started shooting a music video for the lead single off Glory, and after some clips had started leaking, we were finally able to enjoy the video, except that, well, it turned out to be something completely different than the David LaChapelle-directed music video that we were expecting to see. :jl:

tumblr_obgheeAeMO1rrh89co1_500.gif

This new video was shot on July 16 and it was directed by Randee St. Nicholas. In late July, Britney talked about it: "The video that I just shot is me and all my girls. We're making guys audition for us. The whole theme is us basically playing with them. It's really kind of fun and it's interesting".

KLwHo-.gif

At the moment we weren't sure if they had re-shot the video altogether or if it was just a new part of the plot we hadn't heard before.

72298257_702902156880870_5712636472139008343_n.jpg

In all fairness, @Blackout ***** tried to warn us :saycheese:

In September, Larry Rudolph explained the situation in an interview for Los Angeles Times:

“It’s really simple. The video just didn’t work,” Rudolph said. “This is the first time we’ve re-shot a video, and because it’s Britney there are all kinds of conspiracies. Nobody is hiding anything.”

Exactly the explanation the Britney Army wanted to hear :tiffanynod:

The video got a different version released in September through the mobile app Britney Spears: American Dream. A rough cut from the original LaChapelle video leaked in 2019.

What is your favorite part of the video? :lustney:

What are your memories from when it premiered?

Vvtr.gif

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Two good things about this mess:

1. Britney looks fkn' gorgeous. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:
  2. Some of the guys are hot af :milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:

From what I've seen tho, even the original video was messy af and I don't wanna hear things like: "It's a rough cut" No!!! The scenes, the o.r.g.y, the whole killing her bf thing, the ad, the TV in the pool etc... Makes 0 fkn' sense with the song, point blank period. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: The "American Dream" version >>>>>> :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BritneysBxch4L said:

I luv that first pic 

I remember that Britney brought back her fashion Iconism I loved everything even the official video I know the other one was better but the one she chose was still pretty fun and flirty just in a more classy sense 

but ya that’s what I remember my favorite part of this album is the make me car scene & when she performed for the VMA 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block