Catholic Church says Britney never asked to get married there

14 hours ago, Louis-j said:

I taught she was catholic if she was singing in churches when she was a kid.  

christian =/= catholic

12 hours ago, sykology said:

Apparently she said she was in London when she wasn’t. The things she posted about her family ended up not being true as in her mom did message her back. She has mentioned she doesn’t drink or can’t drink but then she posts vids of her at a bar drinking. It’s just strange. 

- It was confirmed she was in London. That's where she met Taron, at a mutual friend's dinner party.

- It was confirmed team con was monitoring her phone and multiple people have said they suspected messages were deleted to mess with Britney's perception of conversations, so that could have happened with Jansen's convo as well as Lynne's (btw, we never saw any proof of Lynne's reply).

- Bars serve non-alcoholic drinks too. And people often don't speak 100% literally, when I say I don't drink I mean I barely drink on the daily even though I sometimes go out and have a cocktail or a beer or whatever, JFC.

You're clearly looking for straws to grasp at, to continue your pre-existing idea that she's unstable or a liar or whatever. I hope you don't go around life nitpicking everything people say in the same way.

Edited by Tar_isa
typo
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, easy said:

taron recently confirmed they met in london so that wasn't a lie. lynne has not provided proof she messaged britney back, jansen did but britney said she never got that message and i believe her. i don't like drinking either but i have a drink every once in a while. 

Thanks for updating me.  I stand corrected.  :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

christian =/= catholic

- It was confirmed she was in London. That's where she met Taron, at a mutual friend's dinner party.

- It was confirmed team con was monitoring her phone and multiple people have said they suspected messages were deleted to mess with Britney's perception of conversations, so that could have happened with Jansen's convo as well as Lynne's (btw, we never saw any proof of Lynne's reply).

- Bars serve non-alcoholic drinks too. And people often don't speak 100% literally, when I say I don't drink I mean I barely drink on the daily even though I sometimes go out and have a cocktail or a beer or whatever, JFC.

You're clearly looking for straws to grasp at, to continue your pre-existing idea that she's unstable or a liar or whatever. I hope you don't go around life nitpicking everything people say in the same way.

I stand corrected.   But this post is a little agro.  Based on the information I had, it seemed like she was making things up that weren't true which had me worried.  Do I think even if she lied, she should be back in a conservatorship?  Absolutely not.  I want the best for Britney but I am not someone who loves people blindly and will get offended if someone shows concern because they lacked information.  Cheers!  

1 hour ago, sykology said:

I stand corrected.   But this post is a little agro.  Based on the information I had, it seemed like she was making things up that weren't true which had me worried.  Do I think even if she lied, she should be back in a conservatorship?  Absolutely not.  I want the best for Britney but I am not someone who loves people blindly and will get offended if someone shows concern because they lacked information.  Cheers!  

Sorry if I seemed agressive, I admit I am quite tired of the overzealous analysis to everything she says/writes/does, especially because most of it is based on prejudice and a tendency to second-guess her.

Since you say your post was based on the information you had, I hope this can be a learning experience that sometimes we can trust the person we're supposed to be so worried about and check whether our info is accurate or not before jumping to conclusions that undermine that person.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sykology said:

You have to see that she was living in a mind**** when she was under the conservatorship. Multiple people said so. I love that she's posting everything because everything that was said is now making sense for me, for her and for the people who were trying to contact her then. Yes, sometimes it feels ugly because it really was really really ugly the way they lied to people, manipulated and gaslit everyone around her, especially her.

• Love 3

i mean its very possible she sent someone to ask for her and didnt go herself but as a catholic, i can tell you you need your sacraments (baptism, communion, confirmation) in order to get married at a church. sometimes its even hard to get married at a church that you dont live in the vicinity of (happened with my sister). so for her to be upset is a little much but hey shes entitled to her feelings.

NEW 🔴CatholicNewsAgency: There are four main requirements to have a Catholic church wedding, a priest tells CNA. In response to Spears’ story, Father Matthew P. Schneider, LC, who teaches theology at Belmont Abbey College in Belmont, North Carolina, outlined four main requirements for a wedding to take place in a Catholic church.

Either the bride or groom must be Catholic and free from any impediments, such as marriage to another person. Both the bride and groom must “intend what the Church does,” including recognizing marriage as something permanent, exclusive, and open to life. 

They must also plan to raise their children Catholic.

Schneider stressed that the Catholic Church welcomes all, even with these requirements. 

“The Catholic Church is open to all, but for many to have a wedding in a Catholic church requires becoming Catholic & agreeing to Catholic teaching,” he tweeted. “Many other religions would be similar: for example, I doubt a synagogue would hold a wedding if neither spouse was Jewish.”

He spoke more specifically with CNA about Spears’ faith.

“It is not clear from public information what Britney Spears' canonical status is,” he said, referring to her status with the Catholic Church. “She was baptized a Baptist; then in 2021 she stated she was Catholic, but now she says she can't get married in a Catholic church because she is not Catholic.”

In 2021, Spears announced in a since-deleted Instagram post that she is Catholic and attends Mass. Spears has repeatedly posted prayers, including the Hail Mary, on social media. Her Instagram bio reminds people to “Pray Every Day.” 

While Spears was raised Baptist, several of her family members are practicing Catholics, including her mother, Lynne Spears, her sister, Jamie Lynn, and her nieces, Maddie Aldridge and Ivey Joan Watson, CNA previously reported.

“Is she a catechumen, formally received into the Catholic Church, or still a Baptist with some interest in Catholicism?” Schneider asked.

He also referenced Spears’ two previous marriages, adding that, “to be married in a Catholic church, she would need to get annulments on those."

• Love 1

Everyone all up in arms about this is silly. How is the church supposed to know who made the request if y’all are saying she could’ve used a fake name or someone else to ask? Like their answer was going to be any different. It’s common knowledge for those that grew up either in a Catholic household or knows about them that you can’t get married in their church unless you’re Catholic and perform all these silly requests/rituals :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block