Jump to content

Taylor Swift is officially recording her 10th album!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Isla said:

I mean she could have done that with Fearless TV, but she didn't.

Why would she have done that when she stated Fearless was a COUNTRY album? :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:
She did the Elvira remix of Love Story as a replacement for the pop mix of the song.
 

However SN is when she really started to push the boundaries between pop and country. SN had influence of bluegrass, folk, pop/punk and pop/rock. 3 songs from the album were remixed for the international release of the album. She also did that TikTok with Shania where they were purple and red which is a nod to both Up! and Speak Now having a “red” version. Speak Now is definitely the album she’d do a double disc with.

 

Spoiler

I’d love her to return to country but not half assed. No pop remixes, just a classic Taylor country album. Otherwise I’m fine with her staying in the pop space- just no house album T.

 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

Why would she have done that when she stated Fearless was a COUNTRY album? :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:
She did the Elvira remix of Love Story as a replacement for the pop mix of the song.
 

However SN is when she really started to push the boundaries between pop and country. SN had influence of bluegrass, folk, pop/punk and pop/rock. 3 songs from the album were remixed for the international release of the album. She also did that TikTok with Shania where they were purple and red which is a nod to both Up! and Speak Now having a “red” version. Speak Now is definitely the album she’d do a double disc with.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I’d love her to return to country but not half assed. No pop remixes, just a classic Taylor country album. Otherwise I’m fine with her staying in the pop space- just no house album T.

 

Fearless is technically country pop. There's pop mixes of Love Story, You Belong With Me and Fifteen, as well as an international mix of Love Story included on the original international edition of the album. The same edition included new mixes of Teardrops On My Guitar, Our Song and Should've Said No from Taylor's first album, remixed for an international audience. There's also the CSI remix of You're Not Sorry which is also more pop sounding. This was done because of country music not being as popular outside of the US (especially here in the UK, where we also had to deal with pop mixes of Shania Twain songs). They definitely could have done a double disc for Fearless TV with rerecordings of the pop mixes on disc 2 if they wanted to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

That’s what she’s gonna do for Speak Now (TV) bestie. Mark my words!

Noooo I need her to record her Hunger Games soundtrack songs for Speak Now. "Safe and Sound" is one of my favs. ALSO, she needs to include the song she wrote and gave to Kellie Pickler

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Isla said:

What lawsuit is involved with Speak Now? I remember hearing that 1989 TV got delayed because of the Shake It Off lawsuit (which was originally thrown out of court but then songwriters appealed!!!). I mean, she could still release Taylor Swift TV (her debut album) in the meantime if she can't legally release Speak Now/1989/Reputation TV. 

The trademark for “speak now” expired last December and the request for “speak now (Taylor’s version)” got randomly denied and the case keeps being postponed. To any not readings other posts, the re-recordings, outside of reputation, have basically BEEN done. Legal system has screwed up her whole strategy so why not do TS10 to fill the gap. I personally prefer it at this point. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Isla said:

What lawsuit is involved with Speak Now? I remember hearing that 1989 TV got delayed because of the Shake It Off lawsuit (which was originally thrown out of court but then songwriters appealed!!!). I mean, she could still release Taylor Swift TV (her debut album) in the meantime if she can't legally release Speak Now/1989/Reputation TV. 

Speak Now is involved in a trademark lawsuit with OnePlus, an electronics company. Something about their tv's having a voice assistant sort of like Siri or Alexa, but the feature is called "Speak Now." So Taylor can't release Speak Now TV until that lawsuit is cleared. I think the next court date for that is September 21st?

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Nate b said:

The trademark for “speak now” expired last December and the request for “speak now (Taylor’s version)” got randomly denied and the case keeps being postponed. To any not readings other posts, the re-recordings, outside of reputation, have basically BEEN done. Legal system has screwed up her whole strategy so why not do TS10 to fill the gap. I personally prefer it at this point. 

Oh I didn’t know Speak Now had to be trademarked. But as I already said, nothing is stopping her from putting out the rerecorded debut album? Unless there’s a legal issue with that one too. 

Link to comment
46 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Speak Now is involved in a trademark lawsuit with OnePlus, an electronics company. Something about their tv's having a voice assistant sort of like Siri or Alexa, but the feature is called "Speak Now." So Taylor can't release Speak Now TV until that lawsuit is cleared. I think the next court date for that is September 21st?

Wtf :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Link to comment
13 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Speak Now is involved in a trademark lawsuit with OnePlus, an electronics company. Something about their tv's having a voice assistant sort of like Siri or Alexa, but the feature is called "Speak Now." So Taylor can't release Speak Now TV until that lawsuit is cleared. I think the next court date for that is September 21st?

WHAT DAAAAAA :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...