In an analysis of the movie “Blonde”, Jornal highlights that Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and Britney Spears are on the same scale of Obsession and Vouyerism

I mean, I believe this is the point Britney’s been going for when she lashes out about the documentaries.

As an audience, we have our own gauge for what we believe is and isn’t exploitation (especially since both the NYT & Netflix docs fostered a lot of public empathy and expanded understanding about the machinations of the situation surrounding her).

But when you’re the subject - the real-life person being discussed by everybody else - that dynamic & interpretation of what constitutes exploitation is inherently going to be quite different (regardless of whether what’s being said comes with supportive intent or not). 

It’s interesting: generally when we discuss “objectification” as a culture, it’s about a person being unfairly ***ualized - their body; but dissecting somebody’s life and attempting to then speak for them to convey a narrative objectifies so much more about a person - their thoughts and feelings about their unique life experience.  

I really hope this book makes Britney feel both like she’s said what she publicly wants to say as well as how she wants to say it. After reading it, I hope to feel like I can walk away having truly learned something FROM her, not just ABOUT her. 

Thanks for sharing OP!

• Love 6
  • Like 3

Not Britney or Diana are or were damaged woman. They are strong woman portrayed as damaged, with mental illness and moral problems. These woman are and were so strong, incredible intelligent and kind. People don’t want to remember them as a damaged woman, there are bigger influences of authority that want them to be seem like that. It’s awful what is happening. When I thing of Diana I think of someone that had more power than queen Elizabeth herself and more humanity, she was a powerhouse and still is. nobody stopped her power even after dead. And Britney is also just a normal person with a kind heart but with a magnetism that absorbs every soul out there and with her art, her ***uality and her persona conquered more than some people wanted. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block