Beyoncé Removes Kelis Interpolation From ‘Renaissance’ Amid Crediting Drama

Zach F

1 hour ago, officialmaurice said:

If her claim was valid, yea I would but don’t get it at all twisted. I’m not picking her side. I’m just stating facts. It doesn’t matter who the artist is - fair is fair and if Kelis was ACTUALLY being ripped off, 1000% behind her. But really? This hoopla over a phone call that didn’t and didn’t have to happen 🤔 

You are picking sides, when all I am saying is that I think Kelis should've been told. That's it!

• Like 1

Can y’all stop acting like Kelis is only famous because of Milkshake? Ignorant and disrespectful 🙄 

side note: were you at The Onyx Hotel Tour when Kelis opened for Britney Spears? Cause I was. 

and it’s not about Kelis getting any money or anything like that, it’s just common decency like -“hey girl, this is what’s up”. But Beyoncé stopped being a “person” a long time ago. She’s a brand, and business is business regardless of who gets stepped on. And the fans coming for her like she doesn’t understand sampling when she’s literally been in the business for decades. 🙄 with that kind of fan base I’m sure even Beyoncé must get tired of being Beyoncé sometimes. She needs a break. 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

I get that. All I’m telling you is why Kelis wasn’t told. I’m just looking at it from a business standpoint 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

A business standpoint ? What are you, Beyonces manager ? 😂 how about you look at it from artist to artist ?Especially black artists! Beyoncé has never been original, great performer and vocalist, but original, NOPE! Business standpoint, artist integrity or whatever other excuse you want to come up for Beyoncé, Kelis should’ve been informed. You are not changing my mind on this. Can you let it go ? We get it, you are part of the Beyhive!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jayjukebox said:

A business standpoint ? 😂 how about you look at it from artist to artist ?especially black artists! Business standpoint, artist integrity, Kelis should’ve been informed. You are not changing my mind in this. Can you let it go ? We get it, you are part of the Beyhive!

🤷🏽‍♂️ 

n fyi, I love Beyoncé but the only Hive I’m a part of is #JanFam. Welcome to me!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block