Beyoncé Removes Kelis Interpolation From ‘Renaissance’ Amid Crediting Drama

Zach F

Didn't Beyonce credit the songwriters of Kelis' song that she sampled? What else is needed?
Like if someone sampled Toxic, they wont credit Britney because she did not write it, they won't even need to talk to Britney about it. But if they want to sample Everytime, then Britney would be credited cause she wrote that one.  Or am I missing something here?

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Kelis should have ate her food, but now the bank account is zero.

Like ky friend said Kekis was expecting way more that she needed, it's the fact abd the audacity she thought Beyonce would call her.

You're a two hit wonder, kinda beneath her. 

Thats why she sampled her material? Ya ok Jan

• Like 2
6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

So Beyoncé had the chance to credit another black woman in her music but she chose to erase her instead, ok...

Don’t do the “she’s bringing black women down” thing. She initially gave Kelis performer’s credit, since all Kelis did was perform the song… Kelis wasn’t happy with that, this is the result. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, fays1 said:

Or maybe simply give her the credit? lol

What for ? 1 . The song is not written or produced by kelis, 2. There isn't even an actual similarity, if anything it sounds like the "baby don't you wanna" part from Britney's "slave 4 u" .... 

4 hours ago, Lmfc1993 said:

Well, she has edited out two songs. 

I enjoy the album but don't understand the promotion of it. I was hoping the video of break my soul but I never came out. 

The entire slew of videos will be hitting our screens soon. She explicitly wants us to get familiar with the songs first. There’s a LOT of content coming (2 more albums). 

1 minute ago, ExXL said:

What for ? 1 . The song is not written or produced by kelis, 2. There isn't even an actual similarity, if anything it sounds like the "baby don't you wanna" part from Britney's "slave 4 u" .... 

That’s what I don’t get: she didn’t even really interpolate Milkshake. They were being VERY kind with the initial credit. 

5 hours ago, Jayjukebox said:

I mean as she should. Artist should be asked permission while it comes to their art.

When it’s their art. It’d be different if Kelis’ voice was sampled. An interpolation is basically saying “hey I was thinking of (insert song here) when I came up with this part”. I guess that wasn’t enough 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, officialmaurice said:

That’s what I don’t get: she didn’t even really interpolate Milkshake. They were being VERY kind with the initial credit. 

I know, even the lalalalas in the original Track sounded nothing like the lalalalas in milkshake she shouldn't have removed it , I guess she just wanted them to shut up , also let's not forget the song is produced by the same guys (milkshake, slave 4 u, energy) , so they basically own those songs they have every right to do it .....https://youtu.be/8QaG1A5ATSk 1:36 you can hear the similar beat 

1:40 

7 minutes ago, ExXL said:

I know, even the lalalalas in the original Track sounded nothing like the lalalalas in milkshake she shouldn't have removed it , I guess she just wanted them to shut up , also let's not forget the song is produced by the same guys (milkshake, slave 4 u, energy) , so they basically own those songs they have every right to do it .....https://youtu.be/8QaG1A5ATSk 1:36 you can hear the similar beat 

1:40 

Yea it’s a senseless mess. Everything was fine as it was but I guess to keep the “peace” for a one-sided war 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block