Jesy Nelson in talks with new record labels after leaving Polydor

Slayer
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful and do not derail the thread.

JESY Nelson is in talks with new record labels to sign a fresh deal – just days after she walked away from Polydor.

The former Little Mix star split from the label last week after they struggled to agree on the direction her solo music was going in.

Music insiders have now revealed Jesy, 31, is already in demand from a number of other labels who are keen to get her on board.

A source said: “Jesy is being courted by labels who are interested in getting her on board.

“There are some independent labels who believe they could help her return to form - and give her the freedom she clearly desires.

“Jesy is really proud of the music she has been making and she knows exactly what she wants when it comes to her sound.

“She isn’t going to rush into anything but she’s had a couple of meetings and is excited about the future.”

Source: The Sun

Coming back better than ever:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: 

FVLs4jeUsAA_uKc?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I'd like to hope that is true for her sake, she deserves a chance

Agreed, she's going to have an uphill battle but if she serves a BOP that could change things. She needs to do lots of promo so people see her amazing personality again and remind people of her talent.

11 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Agreed, she's going to have an uphill battle but if she serves a BOP that could change things. She needs to do lots of promo so people see her amazing personality again and remind people of her talent.

Agreed, but already separating from your label before even releasing your first album is not a good sign unfortunately. That's why I find it slightly hard to believe that there are labels lining up to sign her, especially considering her debut solo single didn't do that great and generated a lot of bad press. But hopefully there are labels that think she still has enough goodwill with the Little Mix fanbase, and hopefully she can keep her music she recorded under Polydor if she wishes. She's talented and maybe the first time around she just didn't know how to handle being solo. Honestly, I blame a lot of it on the label in the first place as they should have known the optics of that entire single campaign weren't great and they should have advised her better.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Armani and Jezy competing on who can make the solo career happen.  :neydedance_purple:

Here again despite disliking her? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: 

I'm also getting second hand embarrassment from you trying to be funny, but actually coming across like you can't spell :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 3

She could be successful, she was always the "interesting" one out of LM for me... And she can sing and she can dance, very well. 

But the Bad Boyz era (lol) just was not it. I think this is a scenario where she needs some creative INPUT rather than control. 

She needs to turn down the cringe and seriousness of it all, SING (because the lip syncing seems to be a stylistic choice at this point rather than a necessity), and maybe dial back the whole "baddy" white girl image or whatever she was trying to do.... 

But where tf she goes from here idk... usually you need to deliver something catchy and upbeat for a lead single and idk if the GP are interested in that from her now, and can she really break through now with a ballad?? 

We'll have to wait and see :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mayenaise said:

But the Bad Boyz era (lol) just was not it. I think this is a scenario where she needs some creative INPUT rather than control. 

Well said. And there’s seriously nothing wrong with that, so I hope someone doesn’t try to twist it as shade. Even Gaga, seen as a creative force, has plenty of folks around to help. Real artists lean into other artists and trust them! 

35 minutes ago, ByDemand said:

Well said. And there’s seriously nothing wrong with that, so I hope someone doesn’t try to twist it as shade. Even Gaga, seen as a creative force, has plenty of folks around to help. Real artists lean into other artists and trust them! 

Is there any need?

You can say something without making snide remarks, especially when it is obviously about myself.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block