Shania's new single "Not Just A Girl" is here

Gosh, I love Shania Twain. Grew up on her. But I have to say, her departure from working with her ex husband Mutt Lange who played a HUGE role in crafting her musical success on her diamond certified albums we all know so well, has made an impact. Like he obviously helped make the Shania we knew from back then and without him she just doesn’t sound the same. The singles just aren’t landing. Maybe she doesn’t care about numbers anymore though and maybe this is all just for healing and for putting out something for the fans. 

I just miss that Shania. I’m not a big fan of this song. It just doesn’t measure up to her old hits at all. And I suppose that’s hard to do, when you’ve had so much success, to measure up to your past. It sucks too that Lyme disease damaged her vocal cords :(

I just read somewhere Shania co-wrote “Don’t Let me Be the Last to Know” for Britney. And it’s funny I can hear Shania singing it lol. It would be cool if they did a duet. Like Britney’s vocals on a Shania track would be so cool!!!!!!! Wishful thinking.

• Love 3

I watched her biography the other day. It was a nice reminder of everything she has achieved but it felt like a very long distant lifetime to me. 

thats the time all divas got slaughtered at the radio. Whitney, Madonna, Celine Shania, Toni, Janet … then all the non talented singers became famous.

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love Shania, but I’m not feeling this one! I don’t like the production it’s missing something, feels like a demo. Also side note, I know she’s older now and your voice changes but hers has changed so much it’s interesting! 

Of course her voice has changed. She had lyme disease. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block