Kelis Responds To Beyoncé Sampling Her Song Without Permission on 'Renaissance'

Cqleb

59 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

I get it.  I’m gonna stream some Kelis today to pay respects.

Is there an album that is better to stream for more compensation for her?  I’m not sure if she has released independently or not at some point.

i would stream Flesh Tone, it's a beautiful album

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Lmao everyone calling bey a theif when brit high jacked the main credits to "everytime", then called up the other song writer and cussed ha OWT, telling her she was gonna do it.....and thats everybody's fav Britney ballad...lmaooo

Fix It Real Housewives GIF

At least Britney called and cussed her out. lol Beyonce just steals other folks material, releases it, and never publicly acknowledges their cries. 

Britney did write Everytime and she gave a co-credit to the other girl.  She getting her royalties.:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

1 minute ago, cubasterd said:

At least Britney called her and cussed her out. lol Beyonce just steals other folks material, releases it, and never publicly acknowledges their cries. 

Britnery did write Everytime and she gave a co-credit to the other girl.  She getting her royalties.

Britney wasn't the main writer or composer of the song, yet took majority of the credit. That's even worse than what Beyonce did lol. 

Kelis didn't write the song, therefore, she didn't owe her a call. You think Britney called Cher when she recorded "the beat goes on"? Doubt it. 

nene leakes bloop GIF

On 7/29/2022 at 3:01 AM, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

I hardly think Beyoncé would sample without paying it. I don’t think she has to give notice to singer maybe the label or something. Sometimes the singer does not own the music.

Yeah, beyonce is well know for not stealing others artists material.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block