Kelis Responds To Beyoncé Sampling Her Song Without Permission on 'Renaissance'

Cqleb

I loved the album, but it's the truth. The Beyhive can say whatever about not being Beyonce's issue, but she has been in the game for more than 20 years and she can't be ignorant. Yes, it's not illegal, The Neptunes hold Kelis' masters and Pharrell needs to be the one held accountable, but when you see this from an ethic perspective (and no, i'm not naive to know that the music industry is messy), this is also coming from one of the most political artists of her generation (ST and Lemonade), she at least should've spoken to her about using a song. Kelis is both a songwriter and a producer and has created a great discography that plenty of other artists are inspired.  At least they should respect that. 

I don't think this will be a huge controversy, but it makes me cackle that Beyonce after all these years can never leave behind the "robbery" allegations. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block