Britney Spears 'Monopoly' coming in October?!

On 7/29/2022 at 9:18 AM, PokemonSpears said:

for anyone that doesn't feel ok with this or rubs them the wrong way, I think you should look at it, just like the Funkos, as the world finally recognizing Britney Spears' legacy and her impact in pop culture.

In Monopoly's case in particular, there are very few editions made after music bands or artists:

There's ABBA

ABBA-Board.png

AC/DC

Ac8f397767e47d5448329f2d6bcf47ea-0.jpg

The Beatles

image.jpg

David Bowie

Monopoly-David-Bowie.png

Elvis

Elvis-25-01.jpg

Metallica

GAME01.jpg

Queen

Queen-Monopoly-Master-HR.jpeg

And apparently JoJo Siwa, but it's technically about her bows :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

JoJo-Siwa-MN_photo_Setup_square_600x600_

Not even Michael Jackson has one (there's only a fanmade edition). So Britney is gonna be up there with those iconic acts, and collectors will look after it, and we should be happy that her legacy is finally recognized outside the fanbase lol Not many artists can say they have their own boardgame as you can see.  

Now let's just pray they actually focus on her records or music videos, and not generic stuff like "microphone" "stage" "costume" lol but even if they just use her image, will be enough recognition. 

Britney's edition in particular seems to be published by USAopoly. Here are other editions they've done: https://theop.games/collections/monopoly?page=1

The only person that isn't a band or dead is Jojo Siwa. (i say with mild sarcasm, so im not actually that serious, but) This is not reassuring.  Even if it was, It needs to have nothing to do with Britney Brands or not be produced until after she actually obtains her own trademarks in legal terms. In my opinion.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/23/2022 at 12:47 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I received this mail today:

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Was that from Pop Market? Is the monopoly still happening? I’m ready to buy this from Pop Market but wanna make it’s still happening? Anyone got any updates bestie? Literally my fave game of all time now with a Britney version:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, ROL said:

Was that from Pop Market? Is the monopoly still happening? I’m ready to buy this from Pop Market but wanna make it’s still happening? Anyone got any updates bestie? Literally my fave game of all time now with a Britney version:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

no it was from ToyWiz

I suppose that if the game is actually coming out someday, it'll be available in other places such as Amazon, Target, etc, I don't think there's any Monopoly games exclusive to a particular store (except maybe the Target edition lol)

What I mean is that I don't think they'll run out of them once it's officially released. For example I was able to buy the Pokémon Monopoly games years after they came out through Amazon at normal price, so I think Britney's should be the same, so I'll wait and see.

47 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I'm late to this, but I'd love to see if this is about Britney taking ownership of her brand again? It would be so cool if there are any legal filings about this.

I don't think Britney, or whoever owned the Britney Spears brand at any point has any saying on which products are released, as in, they're not thinking "hmm, let's release a new Funko or a tarot set, or a Monopoly game, or a new tank top". I guess they could, if they were interested, but what I understand it's that it's the other way around: companies decide to release a Britney Spears themed product and they look for the license (or that's what the Funko page says about how they manage to release figures from any imaginable franchises). As far as I know, it's Epic Rights who is in charge of licensing Britney Spears likeness (which is basically just the logo with the BOMT font). If any, it would be Epic Rights the one looking for these deals, as they do with other artists, without necessarily having the artist's involvement or even opinion other than just a sign-off, and that is if the deal doesn't already give Epic Rights full control on those decisions.

For how many years or for how many products / licenses this deal with Epic Rights will last, we don't know the details (or at least I ignore it). I also don't know how this works in terms of, when they sell Britney's license, the companies have to pay a set amount for it, and then they can sell as many items as they want, so Epic/Britney gets the money regardless of whether the items sell or not, or if Epic/Britney's earnings are depending on each sold item, as in a percentage. I feel like the artist must get a fixed amount of money anyways, otherwise it wouldn't be smart giving their license to everyone and their grandma for products that potentially won't sell, or keeping track of every item sold by every company they allowed to use their license.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:07 AM, Anna Karina said:

I love board games :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping: and I actually don't have any version of monopoly yet, but I already hear my friends laughing hahaha

I have old school, old school

transformers and Rudolph the res nosed reindeer. Next up Britney. If they did a Gremlins . I would have to buy it . 😳

Britney Spears Limited Edition Monopoly (USA). 
Hasbro Games. 
November 9th, 2022

Get in the zone with the “Princess of Pop” in this chart-topping edition of the classic family game!  

MONOPOLY®: Britney Spears takes players and fans on a musical journey through her most popular hits to buy, sell, and trade songs like “Baby One More Time”, “Toxic”, “Lucky”, and more!  Tokens inspired by unforgettable music videos such as an astronaut, milkshake tray, and basketball take you around the board to rack up Gold Records and Platinum Records.  Be the last one standing with hard-earned riches (until oops, you’ve bankrupted your friends again) to win!

Includes: 
- 1 Game Board
- 6 Collectible Tokens 
- 28 Title Deed Cards 
- 16 Chance Cards renamed “Curious” Cards 
- 16 Community Chest Cards renamed “Fantasy” Cards 
- Custom Monopoly Money 
- 32 Houses renamed “Gold Records” 
- 12 Hotels renamed “Platinum Records” 
- 2 Dice Rules

Source

:bouncey::yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping::orangu_orangutan_ape::pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, phinyls said:

Hasbro Games. 
November 9th, 2022

Get in the zone with the “Princess of Pop” in this chart-topping edition of the classic family game!  

MONOPOLY®: Britney Spears takes players and fans on a musical journey through her most popular hits to buy, sell, and trade songs like “Baby One More Time”, “Toxic”, “Lucky”, and more!  Tokens inspired by unforgettable music videos such as an astronaut, milkshake tray, and basketball take you around the board to rack up Gold Records and Platinum Records.  Be the last one standing with hard-earned riches (until oops, you’ve bankrupted your friends again) to win!

Includes: 
- 1 Game Board
- 6 Collectible Tokens 
- 28 Title Deed Cards 
- Custom Monopoly Money 
- 2 Dice Rules

Source

:bouncey::yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping::orangu_orangutan_ape::pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

Omg i love this

27 minutes ago, phinyls said:

Hasbro Games. 
November 9th, 2022

Includes: 
- 1 Game Board
- 6 Collectible Tokens 
- 28 Title Deed Cards 
- Custom Monopoly Money 
- 2 Dice Rules

Source

Wait a minute! Curious and Fantasy? This is awesome! Lol

ok, which of you fabulous gays works for Hasbro?

Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC Europe

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block