What if Til It’s Gone was the lead single off Britney Jean in 2013?

I remember this being a standout @Myah Marie track. I genuinely was shook and my friends were too despite it being  a recycled EDM bargain bin of a song 

the production is slick and given that Work Brenda Penny doesn’t even feature Britney’s vocals, I see no problem in theorizing this as a possibility. Would this have done on radio and would it have potentially changed the trajectory of the record separate from promoting Vegas?

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

But this one also features literally zero Britney vocals. It's even worse listening to It now:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

According to one of my friends (a skilled audio engineer), Britney sings these lines: "...from the tears that fall like rain", "So lost ever since you went away", "My heart's never gonna be the sa-a-ame" and, in the second verse: "...night to turn the page", "But they lie, can't confine me to a cage", "In my mind, the life we had replays"

Myah is in the song as a background vocalist (I recognize her tone in places). I'd like to hear those stems myself if they ever leaked. As for 'Work *****', fans are undecided (all Myah or mixed layered vocals), but Brit has some lines (incl. the final two "You better work *****") towards the end for sure.

For those who may have missed it, here's a podcast interview w/ Myah Marie discussing the allegations to some extent.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

According to one of my friends (a skilled audio engineer), Britney sings these lines: "...from the tears that fall like rain", "So lost ever since you went away", "My heart's never gonna be the sa-a-ame" and, in the second verse: "...night to turn the page", "But they lie, can't confine me to a cage", "In my mind, the life we had replays"

Myah is in the song as a background vocalist (I recognize her tone in places). I'd like to hear those stems myself if they ever leaked. As for 'Work *****', fans are undecided (all Myah or mixed layered vocals), but Brit has some lines (incl. the final two "You better work *****") towards the end for sure.

For those who may have missed it, here's a podcast interview w/ Myah Marie discussing the allegations to some extent.

With all due respect to your friend, TIG is 100% Myah imo. It's so funny to listen to It now (and I rarely did over 9 years), because It's so obviously not Britney's voice, but It wasn't obvious to me back then, It just felt a little different:waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

Maybe Britney's voice is somewhere layered, but lead vocals aren't hers for sure.

For example, ISBE, even though It's auto-tuned to death, you can still hear It's her voice. This one along with others... for WB I'd have to give a careful listen again, but I never liked that song anyway, sorry:wontcry_tears_crying_sad: 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

With all due respect to your friend, TIG is 100% Myah imo. It's so funny to listen to It now (and I rarely did over 9 years), because It's so obviously not Britney's voice, but It wasn't obvious to me back then, It just felt a little different:waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

Maybe Britney's voice is somewhere layered, but lead vocals aren't hers for sure.

For example, ISBE, even though It's auto-tuned to death, you can still hear It's her voice. This one along with others... for WB I'd have to give a careful listen again, but I never liked that song anyway, sorry:wontcry_tears_crying_sad: 

There's 5% Britney in the song I would say. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I think Anthony Preston used both voices thinking it was all Britney. If her own fans don't make the difference between the voices... I'm sure that's what happened.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

There's 5% Britney in the song I would say. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I think Anthony Preston used both voices thinking it was all Britney. If her own fans don't make the difference between the voices... I'm sure that's what happened.

This is so mind-boggling, I just can't:cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

So she theoretically did some takes of the song and they used parts in the final version? It's still so ratchet I can't even count those 5%:cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block