Can Britney and Elton's "Tiny Dancer" remix hit No 1?

Yes.

Can only just her fan base do it? Hopefully. But think this duet in particular has potential to reach beyond just the Britney fans.

I think the general public interest in Britney is at an all time high right now.

Plus it’s a classic Elton song, so even people in the general public that wrote off her pop style and already decided years or decades ago they weren’t fans of her music will probably want to at least give it a listen.

• Love 4

At this point I'm only excited to hear Britney's voice and hopping is a good remix.

Charts are really complex this days, for an artist from the 90s is quite an achievement to hit top 10, let alone #1. It all comes down with what happens in TikTok, anyway. So, it's a matter of luck, not fans dedication to it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

Radio request is very important. This is what's keeping Beyoncé in the top ten with "Break My Soul". So we will have to request a lot, besides creating  Spotify playlist and iTunes.

So, call up radio stations and start requesting the song like it’s 1999 again. …I don’t even know my radio stations phone numbers.

9 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

Is iTunes still a thing? 

Yes. It’s still a thing. It’s not as relevant today as say Spotify. But you can still spend your $1.29 or whatever it is to buy the song.

…wait Can you gift songs to other people on iTunes?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, websurfer22 said:

So, call up radio stations and start requesting the song like it’s 1999 again. …I don’t even know my radio stations phone numbers.

Yes. It’s still a thing. It’s not as relevant today as say Spotify. But you can still spend your $1.29 or whatever it is to buy the song.

…wait Can you gift songs to other people on iTunes?

Don’t worry, I will. I have bought all releases so far. ☺️ Except the 2020 ones 

• Love 2

There’s definitely an appetite for new music from Britney and the interest from the general public in her as a person has increased over the past year so I’d said commercially she could do very well again. Charting at number 1 again won’t be easy and dependent on the quality of the music and promotion / visuals. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

There’s definitely an appetite for new music from Britney and the interest from the general public in her as a person has increased over the past year so I’d said commercially she could do very well again. Charting at number 1 again won’t be easy and dependent on the quality of the music and promotion / visuals. 

Quality? :saywat-towelney: Sureeee 

Of course not. Elton isn't a streaming force so that already ruins the song's chances of being a big hit; the only reason his song with Dua was a hit was because of Dua's streaming power. And while the GP are mostly on Britney's side, they're probably not gonna be too interested in this collaboration since it's not Britney's lead single.

And to put in bl**tly, I don't have faith that we as a fanbase could make this song a hit by ourselves; how many streaming parties have y'all set up for her old hits that ended up doing nothing? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

41 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Charts have changed and it's not easy to debut at number 1. Look at Kate Bush. Absolute massive streams, but good airplay was lacking and she never hit number 1 (as of yet, but hopefully does).  Sales still matter, but good airplay needs to be there.

Ok but top 10 and a longevity still matter. The song I can think of top of my head is Delicate. Wasn't No1 but it had a long, long run to the point swifties do consider it a hit.

**** 1 week at No1 and then OUT. We don't want that.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Of course not. Elton isn't a streaming force so that already ruins the song's chances of being a big hit; the only reason his song with Dua was a hit was because of Dua's streaming power. And while the GP are mostly on Britney's side, they're probably not gonna be too interested in this collaboration since it's not Britney's lead single.

And to put in bl**tly, I don't have faith that we as a fanbase could make this song a hit by ourselves; how many streaming parties have y'all set up for her old hits that ended up doing nothing? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

Last streaming party I personally was part of promoting was BreakTheIceParty. The song charted in Brazil (up to No 14) and in Jordan (No 12). So your point is? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block