Do you think Blackout could have been a surprise album in 2007?

I personally think so. She legit did no promo and it was at #1 until billboard changed the rules for that moment exclusively. Imagine the uproar. It really could’ve dropped and people would’ve eaten it up regardless of the promo, and they did. 

• Love 3

I doubt it. Surprise albums just weren’t a thing back then and especially during that climate of both buying CDs and downloading. For Beyonce it just worked as CD sales had declined by 2013 so it was easy for the album to just turn up on iTunes and Spotify out of the blue.

1 hour ago, Rik said:

I personally think so. She legit did no promo and it was at #1 until billboard changed the rules for that moment exclusively. Imagine the uproar. It really could’ve dropped and people would’ve eaten it up regardless of the promo, and they did. 

What do you mean by “could have been a surprise album”?

are you saying underground hit bc the lack of promotion? Then YES 💯%. I think B could have done no promotion or even music videos and this album would have been a hit.

but if your question is could blackout have been a surprise release like Beyoncé does surprise releases (AKA fully polished and created without anyone knowing)…then no. That’s not Britney Jean Spears.

4 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Lol…on a completely separate note, I had a real life dream that I met B and we were talking about her music. in the dream she asks me what my favorite song is. I say Gimme More and she says her fav is Toy Soldier…and then we mutually agree that we  can’t be friends and the convo ends. 😆😂

Aww I love this dream,  I had it so many times!! But we talked about Gimme More and Rebellion, she is lovely in my dreams hahha

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block