Britney Spears’ “Britney” Is The Most Underrated Album Released This Millennium

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Is that why it isn’t streamed well? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Streaming is a reflection of public consumption. So yes from the masses perspective I can see why it has less streams that the other albums.

FF, BJ and Glory came out during the peak of streaming era so it’s natural that they would have higher streams.

BOMT, OIDIA and ITZ had bigger hits that defined her career, and to this day are her most streamed songs (baby one more time, oops and toxic respectively, whose streams contributed to the album streams as a whole).

Blackout and Circus were a cross generational era, that both older fans and new gen z fans related to. They also had one of her iconic songs Gimme More.

Britney Album’s success was handicapped thanks to the radio ban of Slave. It could’ve been bigger that what it was. It’s my fav album of hers, along with a big chunk of fans but I can see why it has less streams than the others. I have to admit I thought Circus might’ve less streams than Britney.

37 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

TASTE! What is your favorite non-single?

I can't choose just one! 

Let Me Be, Bombastic Love, and That's Where You Take Me <3 

I've long wished she would give Overprotected more love...I don't think she's performed it in ages. That would resonate if she performs again. I'll also say that I wasn't big on Slave 4 U when it dropped, but more recently I've fallen for it because it's a perfect dance song. The best choreography she ever did is that video's choreography, IMO. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Beyoncé could never.

beyonce-side-eye.gif

bech it's too damn late for you to be playing with me like this, delete or i'll delete it for you.

NOW. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

On to your what was it, underrated album of the what? Hold on let me go back up.

MILLENIUM?

Gurl :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: not y'all millenials acting up again over Barney Beers? Anyway.

It's a cute little jingle fest with it's highs and it's lows. Mostly forgettable jams really and then the horrid Anticipating :orangu_orangutan_ape: and once again thank you to whoever gave Overprotected and Boys a makeover remix, those originals baby :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Have a wonderful night. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

I

I wanna be there when you touch fire

14 minutes ago, Midnight said:

beyonce-side-eye.gif

bech it's too damn late for you to be playing with me like this, delete or i'll delete it for you.

NOW. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

On to your what was it, underrated album of the what? Hold on let me go back up.

MILLENIUM?

Gurl :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: not y'all millenials acting up again over Barney Beers? Anyway.

It's a cute little jingle fest with it's highs and it's lows. Mostly forgettable jams really and then the horrid Anticipating :orangu_orangutan_ape: and once again thank you to whoever gave Overprotected and Boys a makeover remix, those originals baby :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Have a wonderful night. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

I

Worry about Beyonce not having legendary performances while Britney has 4 

FVzXNWu.gif

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Henry Torres said:

Worry about Beyonce not having legendary performances while Britney has 4 

FVzXNWu.gif

beyonce-side-eye.gif

your super star turned instagram influencer?

have you seen how many followers Beyo has? :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

tbh most Britney albums have no skippers or fillers, but yeah somehow from her first four albums, Britney seems to be the most overlooked by the GP

I think it's because the VMA's performance overshadowed all of the music videos from that era, so there isn't much iconography to remember (for those that aren't fans) like BOMT or OIDIA, or even ITZ with Toxic.

I actually like it a lot except for Anticipating, sorry y'all :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

And maybe I'll get dragged for this BUT I wish she would re-record it because I feel like her voice, especially on this particular record, is extremely nasal and we know that that's how Max Martin wanted her to sound :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: Her baby voice is very prominent on the majority of the songs but other than that it's a pretty good album, period :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You read that right y’all. Britney by the legendary Miss Britney Spears is THE most UNDERRATED album released this millennium. The album, singles, and videos deserved more. The fact it is her least streamed album is a sin and a shame. A perfect record from beginning to end. No fillers. No sleepers. No skippers. Pop perfection and haters can deal.  

Beyoncé could never.

Taylor could never.

Katy could never.

Gaga could never.

Billie could never.

Adele could never.

All the pop girls, boys and other folks could never. 

spacer.png

Point Agree GIF by Ford

It's such a great album and was very authentic to where she was in her life. I have so many great memories from it, and this era was my favorite of her career.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block